Jump to content

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

I understand the importance of name brands, but if the Big 12 falls apart completely and 2 or 3 teams are remaining (Baylor, TCU, and KSU and/or ISU being the most likely leftovers) it just isn't the same as being in a conference with WVU and Ok St (and Kansas for basketball). I would fall over myself to get into the Big 12 with the 8 remaining teams. I would be happy to get into an upgraded conference with those other 3 or 4 teams, but it wouldn't be the same level of excitement. 

WVU isn’t going anywhere, if there was a conference that had any belief they should add them they wouldn’t have ended up in a conference made up of Texas to begin with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Members do not see this ad, Register
1 hour ago, puc86 said:

No one is leaving the B12 for the AAC even for their teams. We built the AAC with just us, UC and Uconn remaining and not once did it even get discussed that we could simply make CUsa stronger. 

Maybe the remaining B12 snags Boise, BYU, Memphis, Cincy, and then after that it’s a crap shoot. I wouldn’t know what else they would need to get to 16 teams.

what happens to the remainders of AAC/MAC/CUSA/MWC/Sunbelt after all this? Are we some weird middle road between P4 and FCS?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Maybe the remaining B12 snags Boise, BYU, Memphis, Cincy, and then after that it’s a crap shoot. I wouldn’t know what else they would need to get to 16 teams.

what happens to the remainders of AAC/MAC/CUSA/MWC/Sunbelt after all this? Are we some weird middle road between P4 and FCS?

They will eat each other and then pretend it’s improvement and they compete now with the expanded playoff until the teams that have all of the money and an actual path to the playoffs breakaway from them while they are shocked to see this happen. This is the last boat out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BDYZR said:

Any combination of the B12 and AAC would be about the same as the old BE. Even then we were the unwanted stepchild at the table.

But at the table none the less which is a huge improvement over being at the children's table while putting a name tag on that says even though we are sitting here we identify as being the 6th person at the adult table that is set to five. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I'm not even allowed in there .....


I was the first to report when we ditched Skip Holtz in 2012, Harlan leaving for Utah and Coach Jeff Scott coming to USF. 


Sometimes deals fall through.  There has always been smoke in what I’ve heard.  This one the smoke is almost fire though 🔥.  
 

🤘it looks good to be a bull right now! 🤘

  • Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, wesleywillis said:


I was the first to report when we ditched Skip Holtz in 2012, Harlan leaving for Utah and Coach Jeff Scott coming to USF. 


Sometimes deals fall through.  There has always been smoke in what I’ve heard.  This one the smoke is almost fire though 🔥.  
 

🤘it looks good to be a bull right now! 🤘

The fire is the program burning down.

We are destined to be in the CUSA or Sunbelt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

But at the table none the less which is a huge improvement over being at the children's table while putting a name tag on that says even though we are sitting here we identify as being the 6th person at the adult table that is set to five. 

I don't disagree with that, although it will be interesting to see the new tv contracts when all is said and done. My bet is that the B12, 14, 16, or whatever it may be called will be substantially below the other "power' conferences. I also believe that it will be substantially better than what we have now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, wesleywillis said:


I was the first to report when we ditched Skip Holtz in 2012, Harlan leaving for Utah and Coach Jeff Scott coming to USF. 


Sometimes deals fall through.  There has always been smoke in what I’ve heard.  This one the smoke is almost fire though 🔥.  
 

🤘it looks good to be a bull right now! 🤘

I've never wanted someone else to be right so badSponge Bob Reaction GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Brad changed the title to Conspiracy post
  • Brad locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

It appears you are using ad blocking tools.  This site is supported through ads.  Please disable in order to enjoy full access to The Bulls Pen.