• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UM self imposes on 2nd Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

As bad as our attendance is its still a lot better then "Da U"... I also like how a Miami fan lectures some one on typos when Miami fans go around slinging out stupid shiz like "Da U".

Your fans are not showing up to games because they know that the admin will impose a self made bowl ban to hope to avoid the death penalty which is on the table per ESPN. Without the chance of actually winning a bowl or championship then your entire season becomes one big exhibition game.

Really? The attendance at your last home game was 36,190. Miami's last attendance figure was 38,869. And remember, USF and its half a million students is right down the road from the stadium. As for typos, when you see me type "da", point it out. Until then, work on your temper.

Miami fans didn't show up to games in 2001, when Miami had arguably the best team of all time. So your theory about fans reacting to the ban is inaccurate.

If that is true then your school has bigger issues to worry about then we do.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

If that is true then your school has bigger issues to worry about then we do.

Like what? It has been that way since the 1970's. Why would the school start worrying about it now?

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

They did the same thing last year after they beat us.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114

Miami was smart to do this unlike Ohio State which could have possibly gone to the national championship game had it took the ban last season.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  277
  • Days Won:  0

how big of them to do it after going 6-5.

they wouldn't self-impose a bowl ban if they weren't bowl eligible, though it would be funny to see them announce that if it were the case lol.

they could impose a bowl ban before the season ever started.

I bet they wouldn't have self imposed a ban if they were 11-1.

6-5. go to crappy bowl or make ncaa feel like we are contrite to lessen any further penalties. real tough call

You consider the Orange Bowl a crappy bowl??

when did they get an invite? I must have missed it.

When did they get an invite to a crappy bowl? I must have missed it.

they are bowl eligible. they were assured a bowl invite. at 6-5 it's likely they were going to get an invite to a crappy bowl.

They would have likely been a top 4 ACC bowl choice and none of those are crappy bowls .... Just stop and admit you posted that without really knowing about the situation.

If Clemson knocks off South Carolina, they (Clemson) could get a BCS at-large game. This would have made Miami a top contender for the Chick Fil A Bowl against a decent SEC team - possibly LSU, Mississippi State or South Carolina. This is a big deal.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Miami will likely get out with a minimal 1 or 2 year additional bowl ban. Possibly even no additional bans, but they are still in line to get hammered with several years of scholarship reductions.

Have they self imposed any of those to this point?

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074

Let's face it, the establishment media controls public opinion and are ignoring the huge academic cheating scandal at North Carolina. Since UNC basketball is a favored son (and to a lesser extent the football because of the name brand) , ESPN has ignored it and punishment will be minimal if at all. UM's cheating while not as bad as an academic scandal was still seedy and should be dealt with but it will not be. ESPN does not want UM to be punished because if UM ever returns to its former glory, the mainstream media will eat it up as they will have a story to cover.

If either of these had happened at USF you can bet the death penalty would be given because ESPN would pound the drum for the Bulls to get it.