• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

What Leavitt built from the ground up has been DESTROYED

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,069
  • Days Won:  2

What qualifies to know what a stupid comment is?

he's an expert on stupid comments.

So you agree with slick this collapse is the fault of the seniors?

So anything you don't agree with is stupid? My 9 year old acts the same way.

C'mon, slick...I'm waiting for you to 'splain it to me.

“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.†Robert Heinlein

Lame. You are the one making the statement that Leavitt's guys are ruining things. You need to back them up....

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

I must have forgotten all of the top-25 finishes and conference chamipnships that Leavitt brought to Tampa...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

I doubt the program is ruined. Last I checked we're not being demoted back to FCS status. Or being kicked out of the Big East. That's pretty much everything Leavitt worked for. He didn't get much further than that.

And they're not not tearing down the Athletics building or bulldozing the practice fields. This thread is indeed a little bit of an over reaction ...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If you think its ALL coaching you are clueless. I could go along with that argument if these were all blow outs. They aren't. Its inconsistency seen in all the games. For example, the same defensive play that resulted in a passing TD was called again later in the game and the pass was defended well. USF has repeatedly punted the ball without it being blocked. On and on. I don't know what these players are thinking sometimes, but they screw up, often, late in the game, repeatedly.

Amidst all the extraneous back and forth, this is pretty much accurate. The game swung Saturday night on two plays because of execution by the players, or lack of ... which happens. Trying to blame ALL our problems this year strictly on coaching is a pretty simplistic approach.

I can agree with you on this ... my main point is that pretty much all of the losses have been similar - we either get beat over the middle or they run up the gut over and over and wear us down. Saturday night was only different in that Syracuse worked the sides of the field on us, especially on that last drive. We have so many holes on defense and teams always exploit them.

The main point is that if you lose a bunch of games the same way - why haven't the coaches addressed it, and if they have, why isn't it working?

The feeling I have is that if Skip and the staff are really trying to address the problems, they are in over their heads because they can't find a solution to the problem, which is that we can't stop opponent's passing games and we consistently give up chunks of yardage, ESPECIALLY in high pressure situations.

Lastly, the problem with them addressing the problem is: wait for it ... they don't appear to have changed their schemes drastically enough to make a difference. I noticed Kayvon going in on a couple of corner blitzes on Sat. night, I can't recall seeing that before, but maybe someone else can vouch for it happening before?

Either way - I think most of feel that Holtz and the staff have not taken enough drastic measures to stop the bleeding, and we're getting pretty close to bleeding out. We're definitely loopy and pale from the blood loss at this point.

I must have forgotten all of the top-25 finishes and conference chamipnships that Leavitt brought to Tampa...

Or the misery Skippy poo has brought. I never expected top 25 finishes for a program which started AFTER the grunge era. I also did not expect USF football to ever suck so bad....

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397

But...but...but...Three years ago it was all so clear to you. Get rid of Leavitt and things would be so much better. The Bulls would win Big East Championships if Leavitt was gone.

Now, rather than admit your were wrong, you are reduced to BLAMING THE SENIORS!

Truly pathetic.

• Upvote 1

But...but...but...Three years ago it was all so clear to you. Get rid of Leavitt and things would be so much better. The Bulls would win Big East Championships if Leavitt was gone.

Truly pathetic.

This is just too true... :icon_drink: I owe you a beer, dude.

I doubt the program is ruined. Last I checked we're not being demoted back to FCS status. Or being kicked out of the Big East. That's pretty much everything Leavitt worked for. He didn't get much further than that.

And they're not not tearing down the Athletics building or bulldozing the practice fields. This thread is indeed a little bit of an over reaction ...

Again...In college football perception is reality.

All the facilities in the world will do little, if any, good if you can't convince top recruits being a Bull would be a good move for them without a winning coach and program. And good lucking convincing a winning coach that taking the job at USF won't end his career.

Edited by Plantation Pete

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633

Truly pathetic.

Leavitt sucked. He couldn't do the job after how many years?

At least Holtz isn't a pusssy that hits his players. I'd rather support a moral man than a bitchassman like Leavitt.

Truly pathetic.

This is just too true... :icon_drink: I owe you a beer, dude.

I'm in Plantation. How far would I have to drive to collect?