• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What Leavitt built from the ground up has been DESTROYED

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Saban runs the same scheme. He doesn't adjust to the players. Here is a perfect example of it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/650668-alabama-football-why-saban-wont-feature-a-one-back-system-with-richardson

that doesn't say that he doesn't adapt only that he liked to sub players to keep them fresh but it also reminded me that spurriers offense doesn't look quite like it did at Florida.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Again, ignorance shown...

Urban Meyer ran a completely different offense his first year at UF... you know... when they won a national title with Leak at QB. Leak was a passing QB... Meyer added some of his offense, but, stayed with what Leak was comfortable with for the most part.

Most of the other guys you mentioned are defensive coaches (Saban, Miles). They don't care what the offense looks like as long as it works.

Brian Kelly... in my opinion, the best coach out there, I know many would dispute, that's OK... was that Cincy offense the same with Pike as it was with Collaros? Hell no. Pike was a pure pocket passer, Collaros was a runner... somehow... IN SEASON, he changed gears enough to complete a 12-0 regular season.

Great coaches do what their talent dictates. Don Shula, indisputably one of the best ever, went undefeated by running and defense in 1972, running a 3-RB rotation. In 1984, Dan Marino showed up and the offense changed 180 degrees. Shula continued to win a lot of games.

Most great coaches also have a defensive background. Even Kelly with his crazy offensive genius... yep... he started as a defensive coach.

Meyer fizzled out at UF, Holgerson's team doesn't look like they did a few weeks ago, Petrino has struggled to win consistently. Food for thought...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Saban runs the same scheme. He doesn't adjust to the players. Here is a perfect example of it.

http://bleacherrepor...with-richardson

that doesn't say that he doesn't adapt only that he liked to sub players to keep them fresh but it also reminded me that spurriers offense doesn't look quite like it did at Florida.

Show me where it says he adapts to his players.

The difference between Nick Saban's system and the spread or the run-and-shoot is that Saban's on-field schemes involve no gimmickry. He runs a 3-4 defense that utilizes zone blitzes and disguises coverages exceptionally well. While he works mostly with the defense at practice, Saban encourages his offensive staff to build around a large -- but not huge -- athletic line. The quarterback need only be a competent game manager, buttressed by a fast, hard-running ball of muscle at tailback. The line blows open holes, and the back breaks tackles on the second level. If teams pack the box to stop the run, the game manager throws to receivers athletic enough to exploit man-to-man coverage. None of this is revolutionary.

it specifically states in that article that he mostly takes a hands off approach to his offense also look at the passing to rushing ratio in 2010 vs 2011 you gameplan around what you have on the team not what you aspire to one day have

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Again, ignorance shown...

Urban Meyer ran a completely different offense his first year at UF... you know... when they won a national title with Leak at QB. Leak was a passing QB... Meyer added some of his offense, but, stayed with what Leak was comfortable with for the most part.

Most of the other guys you mentioned are defensive coaches (Saban, Miles). They don't care what the offense looks like as long as it works.

Brian Kelly... in my opinion, the best coach out there, I know many would dispute, that's OK... was that Cincy offense the same with Pike as it was with Collaros? Hell no. Pike was a pure pocket passer, Collaros was a runner... somehow... IN SEASON, he changed gears enough to complete a 12-0 regular season.

Great coaches do what their talent dictates. Don Shula, indisputably one of the best ever, went undefeated by running and defense in 1972, running a 3-RB rotation. In 1984, Dan Marino showed up and the offense changed 180 degrees. Shula continued to win a lot of games.

Most great coaches also have a defensive background. Even Kelly with his crazy offensive genius... yep... he started as a defensive coach.

Meyer fizzled out at UF, Holgerson's team doesn't look like they did a few weeks ago, Petrino has struggled to win consistently. Food for thought...

Well, you are pretty ignorant yourself.

Holgerson's teams throw the ball a lot. Now who is the Heisman front runner? Hmmmm. You act like he runs the ball now over air raid.

Don Shula coached college foorball? Wow.

Urban Meyer practically invented the Spread Offense and as noted in this article is a very different system than ran last season at Ohio St, his spread option..http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1387681-ohio-state-football-unblemished-buckeyes-have-learned-how-to-close

These coaches may tweak their systems but they aren't changing them wholesale to fit their players. You are saying they have? That's your stance, that they all change their systems to fit their players.

Actually, Shula was a position coach in college initially.

I'm not saying that Meyer was going to abandon the spread, but he ABSOLUTELY changed it for Chris Leak and won a championship. You know why? Because Tebow wasn't ready and Leak gave them a better chance to win. Over time, he switched to his offense again... you know when the wheels fell off?... it was when Brantley was his bet option and he wasn't a spread QB. Meyer got enamored with the five star guy and couldn't see that he didn't fit his system.

Anyway, I'm done beating my head against a wall.

And Bill Snyder's QB at K State is the heisman front runner. Snyder was coaching before "spread" referred to anything but 'recruiting perks', and Klein is a read option QB... how could that possibly work if Snyder is still running the scheme he ran way back in the day? Mind boggling, I know. Maybe he adapted to his players... weird.