• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

L'ville game time

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

We're going to the Louisville slugger Museum on Friday. Anybody been there?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  0

My wife's family is from Louisville and we going up to visit and go to the game. My wife's cousins are season ticket holders so I will be the green among the red in a UL section =) I am excited to go but have no expectations on how the bulls will do. One thing I can say about us playing so poorly is that I have much lowered expectation so I enjoy the games, atmosphere and experiece more then what the outcome is.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Museum, no. But I did tour the factory once. From what I hear, the museum is pretty cool.

• Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Churchill Downs Tour, and the Kentucky Derby Museum (at CHD) are worthwhile, as are The Muhammad Ali Center, and Louisville Glassworks

http://www.derbymuseum.org/

http://louisvilleglassworks.com/

http://www.alicenter.org/

If you are into cars,The National Corvette Museum, and the Corvette Assembly Plant are both at I-65 and exit 28 in Bowling Green (about 115 mi. south).

http://corvettemuseum.org/

http://www.bowlinggreenassemblyplant.com/

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

Were u there in 2010? Ive never been and am curious what the 2010 turnout was for usf. Im expecting a small quiet crowd. After all these close losses it would take a two score lead for me to get loud. The last few road games have humbled my usual game day antics.

We were there in 08 and 10. Lost on a crazy defensive holding call at the end of the 08 game and won in OT, I believe, in '10. Decent crowd for USF at these games. Don't expect as many people to make the trip this year. Just hope to keep this one within 20 or so.

Here is what to expect. Great stadium up there. Mostly decent fans. You'll hear a lot of C-A-R-D-S Cards chants. Bourbon Barrel Ale at the Louisville Hall of Fame Cafe on the main street just east of the Stadium. Will probably "tailgate" there.

Sounds good, is that a local brew? Will have to check that place out pre-game also.

Yep. Made in Lexington. The age Kentucky Ale in used bourbon barrels for 6 weeks. The result is an gorgeous caramel colored beer with some bourbon flavor. My favorite beer for when I just want to sip a beer. Actually improves as it warms up a bit. And it is the reason we are driving. Can't buy it here in FL yet.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Were u there in 2010? Ive never been and am curious what the 2010 turnout was for usf. Im expecting a small quiet crowd. After all these close losses it would take a two score lead for me to get loud. The last few road games have humbled my usual game day antics.

We were there in 08 and 10. Lost on a crazy defensive holding call at the end of the 08 game and won in OT, I believe, in '10. Decent crowd for USF at these games. Don't expect as many people to make the trip this year. Just hope to keep this one within 20 or so.

Here is what to expect. Great stadium up there. Mostly decent fans. You'll hear a lot of C-A-R-D-S Cards chants. Bourbon Barrel Ale at the Louisville Hall of Fame Cafe on the main street just east of the Stadium. Will probably "tailgate" there.

Sounds good, is that a local brew? Will have to check that place out pre-game also.

Yep. Made in Lexington. The age Kentucky Ale in used bourbon barrels for 6 weeks. The result is an gorgeous caramel colored beer with some bourbon flavor. My favorite beer for when I just want to sip a beer. Actually improves as it warms up a bit. And it is the reason we are driving. Can't buy it here in FL yet.

Nice ... I'm all in for that.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

Museum, no. But I did tour the factory once. From what I hear, the museum is pretty cool.

Isn't the museum part of the factory tour? Seems to be we did both in one visit. In any case, they are worth it IMO.

• Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Isn't the museum part of the factory tour? Seems to be we did both in one visit. In any case, they are worth it IMO.

Yes!

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

As I recall, there were only about 150-200 at 2006 game and 20 or more of them were family of Ricky Pontoon's from Nashville.

In 2006 that was a good turnout. Except for the huge games like Oklahoma, away crowds didn't build until 07.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Glad it is on TV