• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF/UM Stadium Discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

small is 3.50, 5.00 is now gone, but 8.00 buys you a refillable.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

small is 3.50, 5.00 is now gone, but 8.00 buys you a refillable.

I think ours is a little over $9 so I guess we're not too bad. Do you get a collectible cup?

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462

Yep, 32 ounces I think. I intend to wear it out! I think when the graphics wear off, it may be a little obvious!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

thing is, i hardly ever hear anyone rag on the BHN stadium except USF fans and the occasional bitter East Carolina/Southern Miss fan, or the always-insultive Miami fan. Announcers always bring it up that the stadium is rockin' or bouncin', but usually they think it's neat. I've been there, and while it does shake (the cameras shake more than the stadium does - someone could fix the mounts/tripods), it doesn't feel unsafe or even cheap. It may LOOK kinda cheap, but if you can fill it up, who the hell cares?

FTR, texas A&M's press boxes are pretty high up, and they have warnings that when the students lock arms and do their swaying back and forth, their whole stadium moves a little and the press tower will actually feel like an earthquake. i guess they must have terrible stadium too...

Have you ever been in UCF's stadium? I know UCF fans that know that they got the stadium on the cheap and it's not the best out there. UCF was in a totally different situation than we are. They had to have an OCS. The Citrus bowl is a dump.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  19

Saturday.

UCFvsFIU.jpg

You can dog the place but it was packed.

I was there. Went to the game with one of the VooDoo Five writers (Collin). That photo is taken at a weird angle. I was sitting in 205 J, and saw thousands of empty seats. They announced 40K, but I bet the turnstile was about 30K. The angle of that photo looks back on the home side, and make the second level on the visitors side hard to see.

Now - The stadium UCF has was a good move for them. To get out of the Citrus Bowl onto campus was a good move. I applaud it. But... It would be a horrible move for USF ... because our home field is so much nicer than the Citrus Bowl or the oncampus stadium that UCF has. In order for moving on campus to be a good move for USF, we would have to spend so much more and build a stadium that is so much nicer. The simple benches without backs that UCF has on over half of their seats simply won't do (or benches with back on the prime seats).

This is not meant to be a flame, but everyone puts on their goggles and fails to see reality.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305

Saturday.

UCFvsFIU.jpg

I was there. Went to the game with one of the VooDoo Five writers (Collin). That photo is taken at a weird angle. I was sitting in 205 J, and saw thousands of empty seats. They announced 40K, but I bet the turnstile was about 30K. The angle of that photo looks back on the home side, and make the second level on the visitors side hard to see.

Now - The stadium UCF has was a good move for them. To get out of the Citrus Bowl onto campus was a good move. I applaud it. But... It would be a horrible move for USF ... because our home field is so much nicer than the Citrus Bowl or the oncampus stadium that UCF has. In order for moving on campus to be a good move for USF, we would have to spend so much more and build a stadium that is so much nicer. The simple benches without backs that UCF has on over half of their seats simply won't do (or benches with back on the prime seats).

This is not meant to be a flame, but everyone puts on their goggles and fails to see reality.

I dont see any empty seats with the exception of that one section in the far back there. Not sure what that is. The rest of it looks entirely full. Not sure how an angle of a photo makes more people appear in the stands. Perhaps we should use some of this technology ourselves.

Saturday.

UCFvsFIU.jpg

I dont see any empty seats with the exception of that one section in the far back there. Not sure what that is. The rest of it looks entirely full. Not sure how an angle of a photo makes more people appear in the stands. Perhaps we should use some of this technology ourselves.

I am not getting sucked into this arguement ... one last time, the right side of the photo is half the stadium, shrunk down. Huge holes in the crowd, even on the 50 yard line . behind the FIU bench. The whole visiting side 200 level was about half full from goal line to goal line. That photo is taken in the student section (which was full) .... where the visiting sideline is distorted and you can't see the empty seats. Its not a trick or a photoshot, just the angle of the photo.

I enjoyed the game, got my ticket outside for $15. Got to see a friend I don't see often. The tailgating on campus is outstanding, the campus is beautiful ... I am not trolling ... just being honest.

I won't get back into the banter about the photo anymore ... time to rise above this garbage.

Saturday.

UCFvsFIU.jpg

I am not getting sucked into this arguement ... one last time, the right side of the photo is half the stadium, shrunk down. Huge holes in the crowd, even on the 50 yard line . behind the FIU bench. The whole visiting side 200 level was about half full from goal line to goal line. That photo is taken in the student section (which was full) .... where the visiting sideline is distorted and you can't see the empty seats. Its not a trick or a photoshot, just the angle of the photo.

I enjoyed the game, got my ticket outside for $15. Got to see a friend I don't see often. The tailgating on campus is outstanding, the campus is beautiful ... I am not trolling ... just being honest.

I won't get back into the banter about the photo anymore ... time to rise above this garbage.

By the way, the empty section you see is the FIU band, photo must have been taken in 2nd quarter when band went below the stands to prepare for halftime.,

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

How can you sneak a cup back into the game? You have to pat down your pockets at RayJay and can barely get your cell phone in your pocket without them thinking that you are sneaking in.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305

calm down bro.