• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

US News & World Reports Ranking 2013

ctbrown24

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I know these things are silly, but I was curious how we stacked up against other state colleges. Schools like FAU, FIU, UWF, ect didn't rank.

High School Counselor Score (out of 5):

1. UM 3.9

2. UF 3.8

3. FSU 3.6

4. USF 3.3

5. UCF 3.2

Average Freshman retention rate

1. UF 96%

2. FSU 91%

3. UM 90%

4. USF 88%

5. UCF 87%

6-year graduation rate

1. UF 84%

2. UM 78%

3. FSU 74%

4. UCF 63%

5. USF 52%

Classes with under 20 students

1. UM 51.7%

2. UF 45%

3. FSU 33.8%

4. USF 26.7%

5. UCF 26%

Classes with 50 or more students

1. UM 7%

2. USF 14%

3. FSU 16%

4. UF 17%

5. UCF 24%

Student-faculty ratio

1. UM 11:1

2. UF 21:1

3. FSU 26:1

4. USF 27:1

5. UCF 32:1

Fall 2011 acceptance rate

1. USF 38.1%

2. UM 38.3%

3. UF 43.2%

4. UCF 45.1%

5. FSU 58.5%

National ranking

1. UM 44

2. UF 54

3. FSU 97

4. USF 170

5. UCF 174

Public school ranking

1. UF 17

2. FSU 42

3. USF 94

4. UCF 98

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Our ranking Improved over last year and we jumped UCF. LOL

I know these things are silly, but I was curious how we stacked up against other state colleges. Schools like FAU, FIU, UWF, ect didn't rank.

National ranking

1. UM 44

2. UF 54

3. FSU 97

4. USF 170

5. UCF 174

U.S. News' 2012 Best Colleges list

USF #181

UCF #177

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

National ranking

1. UM 44

2. UF 54

3. FSU 97

4. USF 170

5. UCF 174

USF #181

UCF #177

It would make sense we jumped UCF. They're last in nearly every category compared to the other Florida schools. We really need to improve the grad rates. Just over half finishing in 6 years?!

National ranking

1. UM 44

2. UF 54

3. FSU 97

4. USF 170

5. UCF 174

USF #181

UCF #177

It would make sense we jumped UCF. They're last in nearly every category compared to the other Florida schools. We really need to improve the grad rates. Just over half finishing in 6 years?!

Believe it or not, that is already an improvement for USF.

USF has put in place some programs to increase graduation rates. I'm sure you can find some articles about that.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

National ranking

1. UM 44

2. UF 54

3. FSU 97

4. USF 170

5. UCF 174

USF #181

UCF #177

That's been a problem for years at USF. The theory is that USF has admitted quite a few non-traditional students in the past. USF is trying to remedy the terrible 6 yr graduation rate by really attempting to bolster their admittance of high-quality students who are FTIC, first time in college.

National ranking

1. UM 44

2. UF 54

3. FSU 97

4. USF 170

5. UCF 174

USF #181

UCF #177

That's been a problem for years at USF. The theory is that USF has admitted quite a few non-traditional students in the past. USF is trying to remedy the terrible 6 yr graduation rate by really attempting to bolster their admittance of high-quality students who are FTIC, first time in college.

That is reflected in the current enrollment profile.

Non Degree UG -18.4% drop from last year.

http://usfweb3.usf.edu/eprofiles/

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I dont put much weight into the counselor score. Id def like to see it increase, but I am not too moved by that one.

Anything above 90% for retention rate is good to me.

Graduation rate obviously needs to improve dramatically. I think USF is taking the necessary steps for that. 52% is up from 47% a year or two ago though.

Student faculty ratio needs to improve, but it is hard for the school to do so in the midst of these idiotic budget cuts. We also need WAY less part time and non-degree seeking students. Traditional, motivated students are the only way to get these numbers to go up significantly.

Keep lowering the acceptance rate and raise standards every year, even if it is just a little bit.

Good to see us jump up a bit from last year. I know it doesnt mean anything, but students and parents do look and consider this stuff so it is always better for us to be higher up anyway.

Edited by Ghost

I dont put much weight into the counselor score. Id def like to see it increase, but I am not too moved by that one.

Anything above 90% for retention rate is good to me.

Graduation rate obviously needs to improve dramatically. I think USF is taking the necessary steps for that. 52% is up from 47% a year or two ago though.

Student faculty ratio needs to improve, but it is hard for the school to do so in the midst of these idiotic budget cuts. We also need WAY less part time and non-degree seeking students. Traditional, motivated students are the only way to get these numbers to go up significantly.

Keep lowering the acceptance rate and raise standards every year, even if it is just a little bit.

Good to see us jump up a bit from last year. I know it doesnt mean anything, but students and parents do look and consider this stuff so it is always better for us to be higher up anyway.

USF's goal, Genshaft said, was to increase the rates steadily every year so that by 2016, about two-thirds of its freshmen would be finished within six years.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Hope they reach that goal.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

I know we have already made some improvments to help these rankings, but man, we are still pretty far behind FSU and the like.