• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why I think We will Win Saturday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Even we run the pistol a bit. LOL

B J Daniels would be one of the greatest Qb's if he played in an option system. We have been trying not to run him as much as he once did and allow our skill players to carry more of the load. We can't afford to have him injured this year.

I wish we didn't have that formation. We don't run well out of the pistol, or the shotgun.

The offense, and B.J.'s passing, is more effective when we line up under center.

Edited by South_Florida_Flip

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

B J Daniels would be one of the greatest Qb's if he played in an option system. We have been trying not to run him as much as he once did and allow our skill players to carry more of the load. We can't afford to have him injured this year.

I wish we didn't have that formation. We don't run well out of the pistol, or the shotgun.

The offense, and B.J.'s passing, is more effective when we line up under center.

Not with the O Line we have

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Holtz said the OLine is 100% healthy this week. If that's the case, we should be much more effective in both running and throwing.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

Playing a team like Nevada takes discipline.

Those Cali hippies don't know he first thing about it. I mean come on we all know how they are, and I mean think of some folks (one in particular) on here that live in cali.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I believe that we can win since Nevada runs a WVU styled offense, which we match-up very well against... my main concern is not our defense, but is instead BJD and our O-Line... if BJD has another INT happy game, and our O-Line imitates Swiss-cheese again then it will be a very long Saturday afternoon.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

Last week we ran a very vanilla offense without that many wrinkles if any during the game except for the no huddle where Cal had to call a timeout on defense to slow things up for them. They were huffing and puffing in the second quarter chasing Jefferson and Fajardo around the field. I expect to see some new things this week on the field which they didn't show last week. However we run a pistol and not a spread like West Virginia does. With pistol it is mostly a run first offense to set up everything however like many of you said a lot on defense is holding assignments against the team. But Time of Possession will be key since Nevada likes to control it keeping the opposing defense on the field as much as possible.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

They blocked better when we were under center the other night with the exception of 1 play, which resulted in a TD.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894

Their offense is good there is no doubt about it. Im just hoping we jump ahead early making them more one dimensional. I would like to keep them on the ground rather than through the air as I feel we will be exposed. We have no clue what to expect out there.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  45

We will continue to run our offense even if a part of it isn't working like it should, but I also expect that a lot of the first quarter will be feeling each other out.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

We will continue to run our offense even if a part of it isn't working like it should, but I also expect that a lot of the first quarter will be feeling each other out.

Our new DC Cosh, gives me great hope that we will be able to contain your offense. He has brought a new`emphasis to the little details, player communication and playing assignment football. We have a senior laden team this year and they have all commented about how they are doing those things better. I think in the last game, there was only one play where we lost containment and that was for a 12 yard gain. Granted, that was a low level opponent, but so far so good.