• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why I think We will Win Saturday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

No disrespect to Nevada, but this USF team is very hungry from last season and I just think they will do whatever they need to do to get a win this week. NO EXCUSES!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

We also have to remember Cal had their back up QB. He was missing wide open WRs throughout the game and had a pic and fumble. We have no TOs we will be fine. Also, BJ, RUN THE **** BALL!!!

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i just love our LB core for this matchup. Lattimore and Barrington will be able to neutralize any type of QB run game they have.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

We also have to remember Cal had their back up QB. He was missing wide open WRs throughout the game and had a pic and fumble. We have no TOs we will be fine. Also, BJ, RUN THE **** BALL!!!

I agree, BJ should have more designed runs. He has the vision and can cut on the time.. I can't even count how many players he's made fall due to his cuts and jukes.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

No disrespect to Nevada, but this USF team is very hungry from last season and I just think they will do whatever they need to do to get a win this week. NO EXCUSES!

Nothing personal, it's just BUSINESS. :)

By TOM ZEBOLD

USF Senior Writer

TAMPA – The popular questions asked to USF players and coaches this week have been about them having to deal with traveling almost 3,000 miles and through three times zones to face Nevada.

Will the altitude play a factor? How do you get ready for a game in a setting that’s far different than what you’re used to? Have you ever been on a plane trip longer than four hours?

Fans won’t know if the Bulls are truly ready for the challenge until after the final whistle has blown Saturday night, but head coach Skip Holtz is attacking a complex situation with a simple approach.

“It’s a business trip. I said you’re going to see the inside of a hotel room and the inside of a stadium, and then what you see out of a bus window,†Holtz said during Tuesday’s press conference. “That’s about what you’re going to see of Nevada. It’s not like we’re going on a tourist trip with cameras on our necks. We’ve got a single purpose and our purpose is to get back on that plane 1-0 this week.â€

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=205679107#.UEZhFO7n5yk.twitter

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

true and false there...the backup played till the end of the first quarter and then Maynard came in. He is the full time starter. He missed much of the first quarter but came in a minute and a half to go and his first pass was a 20 yard bullet to his wr.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

This game scares the crap out of me. I just have an odd feeling about this game, but I still think we pull this one out by 3 or 7 points. BJ is still, as a 5th year senior, too inconsistent. Thought he would have developed by now.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Last week we did not show much in terms of play calling. IMO you will see a few more wrinkles in our offense come Saturday. Time of possession will be the key to this game.

They will need to run BJ a lot more this game. I hope that we don't try to run any sort of hurry up offense, that was the killer against Pitt last year.

time of possession isn't correlated with winning. cincy had the worst TOP in the country when they went 12-0. similar to OU,UOand many other high powered offenses. their object is to score whether in one play or ten. it's not to hold onto the ball.

if we attack and throw deep on them we win. if we play conservative and let it come down to last play then we could lose.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

true and false there...the backup played till the end of the first quarter and then Maynard came in. He is the full time starter. He missed much of the first quarter but came in a minute and a half to go and his first pass was a 20 yard bullet to his wr.

Was that the clown pointing at his bicep after an underthrown ball?