• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why I think We will Win Saturday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Nevada runs a Pistol offense which usually relies heavily on the QB's ability to run the ball.

I think of Pat White and how WVU's offense was always effective against just about everyone BUT USF.

Our speed on defense will be more than Nevada can handle and we will take the W.

It might not be fancy and it will probably be close but I am confident we will win.

I say 31-21 is final

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Our defense should definitely keep us in the game.

My only real concern is BJ throwing those wild ass picks. If we play a turnover free game, we win this one easily. An ill-timed turnover or two, which our offense is definitely capable, and the game could slide the other way.

Edited by Bull Martin

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276

The key is long offensive drives...keep their O on the sideline and our D fresh. Take the crowd out of the game and no turn overs...sounds like any regular game plan to me. But this team is solid and has no problem coming after teams in "bigger conferences" and upsetting them.

Daniels needs to limit all his mistakes and our D needs to pressure their QB into sacks and mistakes. Don't know when they have faced a team with our speed and athletisism, I'm interested in finally seeing what our secondary is going to look like too, went untested last week.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

My concern is that they run a no-huddle. That and the altitude are worries

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Nevada runs a Pistol offense which usually relies heavily on the QB's ability to run the ball.

I think of Pat White and how WVU's offense was always effective against just about everyone BUT USF.

Our speed on defense will be more than Nevada can handle and we will take the W.

It might not be fancy and it will probably be close but I am confident we will win.

I say 31-21 is final

good analysis

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I say 31-21 is final

I hope you are right.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

The key is long offensive drives...keep their O on the sideline and our D fresh. Take the crowd out of the game and no turn overs...sounds like any regular game plan to me. But this team is solid and has no problem coming after teams in "bigger conferences" and upsetting them.

Daniels needs to limit all his mistakes and our D needs to pressure their QB into sacks and mistakes. Don't know when they have faced a team with our speed and athletisism, I'm interested in finally seeing what our secondary is going to look like too, went untested last week.

if bj makes mistakes usf will lose

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894

what worries me: I saw highlights of the game and their o-line was making holes that looked like oregon when we played. The runningback was easily running through. They run the pistol but they pass just as much. I just worry that if we cant keep them short on first and 2nd we will be in for a long game.

Why I think we'll win: I think our team realizes now more than ever we have to win. I think the taste of last years defeats will give us an edge the whole season. There seemed to be a confidence we had that elevates their talent. Terrence mitchell will be a hard guy to stop for even the best teams we play. I think our defensive front 7 will give our offense enough chances to score and create a turnover or two.

Edited by BullsOnThaRize8

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

I definitely think our D will do a good job, only worry about those option/run plays to the outside. Against UTC, we were giving up some yards there, but I think they will be able to work it out. As long as our O-line holds up the pressure and also creates holes, we should be in good shape. I think they will be surprised by the speed we have on D. I think we'll take it 28-17 with a close game for the beginning half.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Last week we did not show much in terms of play calling. IMO you will see a few more wrinkles in our offense come Saturday. Time of possession will be the key to this game.

They will need to run BJ a lot more this game. I hope that we don't try to run any sort of hurry up offense, that was the killer against Pitt last year.