• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF vs. Akron at 7pm

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

a. Why is a UCF vs. Akron game on our main board?

b. While I watched (first half) they were completely overwhelming Akron. That "other" Ohio team next week should instill some reality though.

Games that are worth discussing:

- I'm not sure which Ball State game you were watching, but I'm not at all afraid.

- Watched first half of UConn, they looked like crap. They only had 1 offensive TD in the first half (1 DEF TD, 2 FG's).

Temple is the only relevant game for us tomorrow. BSU/MSU should be good though.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Get this garbage off of our main board

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

b. While I watched (first half) they were completely overwhelming Akron. That "other" Ohio team next week should instill some reality though.

- I'm not sure which Ball State game you were watching, but I'm not at all afraid.

- Watched first half of UConn, they looked like crap. They only had 1 offensive TD in the first half (1 DEF TD, 2 FG's).

Temple is the only relevant game for us tomorrow. BSU/MSU should be good though.

You are aware USF lost to UConn without UConn scoring a single offensive TD?

You are aware USF lost to UConn without UConn scoring a single offensive TD?

Yes. In fact, I traveled hundreds of miles to witness that debacle in the stands.

Point is, we moved the ball against them (339 vs. 250) just not between the 20's. I'm hoping we'll overcome that problem this year. UConn didn't show they've overcome their (same) deficiency though.

Edited by The Great 8

I was watching the Ball St with 597 yards of offense and 320 rushing against a FBS school (check how may in the prediction contest have 600 yards against a FCS school). And I worried about USF having the same attitude you have, or that Auburn had against USF or FSU against USF or Kansas did against USF, or WVU did against USF when they had a NC shot etc. going into that game.

BSU having an offense, particularly a rushing offense against a lower tier school where line play becomes more apparent, doesn't scare me. Neither does the 20+ points they allowed. If East Michigan dropped 20+, we'll double it. BSU might have more offensive success than anticipated, but I'd be more scared if the 320 were through the air; or if it were on the ground against a good front seven. From what I watched, I didn't feel like their offense attacked areas that we're weak in.

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

are we weak in many areas? besides D line depth?

GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

GO BULLS!!!

Our defensive back depth is pretty weak, and our back up LB's are young, unproven.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Now we can move this. Pretty please?

GO BULLS!!!

Our defensive back depth is pretty weak, and our back up LB's are young, unproven.

Our defensive back starters are weak (looking at Baker specifically). I'm not concerned about backup LB's, between Barrington/Lanaris/Lattimore/Juene/Cliett/etc we should have a very skilled LB core out there most of the time.

#2 CB and D-Line depth is what I regard as our weaknesses. BSU shouldn't really test either.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

Now we can move this. Pretty please?

Um, where to?? It's a state of Florida team ..... not sure what's wrong with here.