• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FSU Kicks Greg Reid CB off team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Florida State starting cornerback Greg Reid has been dismissed from the team for a violation of team rules, the school announced on Wednesday morning.

Per ESPN, and this could help our chances

Greg Reid's actions left coach Jimbo Fisher no choice but to dismiss one of his star players,

Reid, a three-year starter for the Seminoles and one of the team's top special teams players, has had several off-field incidents during his career. Most recently, he was arrested in mid-July and charged with driving with a suspended license, a seatbelt violation and misdemeanor possession of marijuana, according to the Lowndes County (Ga.) Sheriff's office. Last month, Reid told police he had no knowledge of the marijuana found in his car.

Reid was also arrested last fall on perjury charges that were dropped, and he was suspended last year for an undisclosed violation of team rules.

Last season, Reid played in 11 games and started nine. He made 32 tackles and had two interceptions, along with 563 return yards. He moved into second place in school history with 89 career returns and 1,117 return yards. He was named one of three most valuable players on special teams last year at Florida State's annual banquet.

The dismissal comes as something of a surprise given Reid's role and tenure, but coach Jimbo Fisher and other veterans have made it clear that this year's hopes for a conference championship will not be derailed by off-field distractions.

That didn't stop one member of the Seminoles from weighing in on Facebook to convey his concern.

"(Reid is a) HUGEEEE PIECE THAT WOULD BE MISSED!" defensive tackle Jacobbi McDaniel wrote. "(He's) like another brother to me but these last couple weeks what I have seen. He is a changed man n I promise ya that. Seen it with my own eyes."

Ironically, that's the same message Reid offered this spring.

"I am motivated," Reid said at the conclusion of spring practice. "It is my last time around here at Florida State and I think it is a little bit emotional, you know, it is hard to take days off and that is what I have on my shoulders. I wish it wasn't so late, you know, waiting on my senior year to do this, but it is my senior year and I am ready for whatever."

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I would take him if he wanted to play here. Would be especially funny considering we play them this season.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

This guy was the only thing going for FSU the first time we played them. 3 year starter in the secondary now gone can only help us.

I already posted this earlier.

Mod can you merge the two duplicate threads

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

I already posted this earlier.

Looks like you beat him by 2 min and he may have been getting ready to post when yours posted.

Could be a huge help for USF w/ Reid off the team

It does eliminate a big threat in running back punt returns.