• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WHY CANT USF RECRUIT?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

ooooooo really when did 24/7 sports become good at judging talent? It is joke that you are settling for that ranking, if you think that your a big boy then act like one. Also after this year is when I am counting anything in the win column for USF that is when all of the coach L guys are gone (or majority).

Do you have a problem understanding ENGLISH? It's NOT the 247 ranking. It's a COMPOSITE ranking of ALL the major recruiting services.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

ooooooo really when did 24/7 sports become good at judging talent? It is joke that you are settling for that ranking, if you think that your a big boy then act like one. Also after this year is when I am counting anything in the win column for USF that is when all of the coach L guys are gone (or majority).

come_on_gtfo_now_gif.gif

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  70
  • Days Won:  0

Mama, I respect you for the reply but we had a chance Calvin Mcgee and Dan McCarney both have better track records then Skip in recruiting Florida plus they are florida guys... I am not skip hater and I think that he is good person but he is just not the right fit for USF. I wish him luck this year but I think that he has not done enough to improve the program on the field. Home many Florida guys does he have on his staff ( Do not count KP, LS, and KF)? When people talk about USF it is the most covented job out there because of the recruiting area and the depth of talent there now. So why are we falling behind? I open that question up for opinion.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Mama, I respect you for the reply but we had a chance Calvin Mcgee and Dan McCarney both have better track records then Skip in recruiting Florida plus they are florida guys... I am not skip hater and I think that he is good person but he is just not the right fit for USF. I wish him luck this year but I think that he has not done enough to improve the program on the field. Home many Florida guys does he have on his staff ( Do not count KP, LS, and KF)? When people talk about USF it is the most covented job out there because of the recruiting area and the depth of talent there now. So why are we falling behind? I open that question up for opinion.

Have you looked at the number of ESPN top 150 recruits since we joined the Big East? Every year, you can count on less than one hand the number of them who sign with the ENTIRE conference. THAT, IMO, is the biggest problem.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Have you looked at the number of ESPN top 150 recruits since we joined the Big East? Every year, you can count on less than one hand the number of them who sign with the ENTIRE conference. THAT, IMO, is the biggest problem.

this. If we were in a better conference, our recruits would improve. No question about it. I think we are doing well, all things considered.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

In regards to the 5-7 season if either UConn or ECU had fired Holtz when he had a 5 win season (1996 and 2005) with them, they wouldn't have had conference championships with him. Recruiting at USF is better than any other 15 year old program in the country, bar none.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  70
  • Days Won:  0

Good point but also I fell that problem lies with the image of the conference. It is still viewed as a basketball conference and will be until it is disband (which could be soon). So if that is problem why not change our image, our facilities again, and culture. We need to embrace this program by embracing the local community and striving hard to prove that we want are local guys to stay local. Other schools in our conference are making moves on OUR local kids that could wearing green and gold and they do not even have an offer from USF. If your enemy is living in your backyard you do not just move to new home, you build a bigger fence. I know that ranting is something that we all do on here I am just sick of seeing top teir talent going other places because cheap oooo and awwww that other programs have and we do not. I think that if Skip can turn the corner he might do something special but in the end W's and L's define him and right now he is just not living up to his name.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Good point but also I fell that problem lies with the image of the conference. It is still viewed as a basketball conference and will be until it is disband (which could be soon). So if that is problem why not change our image, our facilities again, and culture. We need to embrace this program by embracing the local community and striving hard to prove that we want are local guys to stay local. Other schools in our conference are making moves on OUR local kids that could wearing green and gold and they do not even have an offer from USF. If your enemy is living in your backyard you do not just move to new home, you build a bigger fence. I know that ranting is something that we all do on here I am just sick of seeing top teir talent going other places because cheap oooo and awwww that other programs have and we do not. I think that if Skip can turn the corner he might do something special but in the end W's and L's define him and right now he is just not living up to his name.

Such as:

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Its not like there are a bunch of football teams laying around to join up and become a "football conference". Boise St didn't join a the basketball Big East conference. Its up to the teams in the Big East to up their game in every sport.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

In regards to the 5-7 season if either UConn or ECU had fired Holtz when he had a 5 win season (1996 and 2005) with them, they wouldn't have had conference championships with him. Recruiting at USF is better than any other 15 year old program in the country, bar none.

Valid point except that UConn never won conference championship but they did go the 1-AA playoffs Skip's last year there.