• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami Recruiting in Action?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

They are screwed. The testimony came in federal court under oath. This program deserves to get shutdown for a while.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

...,The testimony came in federal court under oath. This program deserves to get shutdown for a while.

Agreed. I honestly think a "Death Penalty" is the only way Miami's culture could be even remotely repaired.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Let's just hope our win over them this fall still counts towards bowl eligibility :stirpot:

• Topic Count:  1,103
  • Content Count:  1,741

You are toast Miami... No matter what you pay the local newspaper to write. Where you have smoke you have fire.

• Topic Count:  1,103
  • Content Count:  1,741

Not ME but interesting read:

Just chiming in so don't shoot me... I'm privileged to have family and friends within the immediate Cane Athletic family is all that needs to be known. So take it as is or don't take it at all... Just my opinion.

Much of this recent Yahoo situation is the result of Michael Barrow and a few select others trying to get things done behind the scenes without Golden's direct knowledge and implicating Coach whatsoever I believe. ALL ALLEGED but still damaging nonetheless. Basically the Yahoo.com allegations are this in a nutshell 1.) Trying to cut recruiting corners by giving multiple illegal transportation and rides to certain local kids to visit during down times which could constitute Illegal unofficial visits. 2.) Taking kids to restaurants and strip clubs, buying drinks n meals exceeding the amount of money allowed during those visits... 3.) Former Equipment manager "Pee Wee" giving facilities tours and handing out gloves, and Cane gear which is illegal. 4.) And MULTIPLE illegal texts n phone contact during recruiting dead periods exceeding those limits. Now, I hope these things aren't true but it's these "little" things that other Programs can practice at times and not have to worry about major sanctions if caught. If schools that are in good standing with the NCAA got in trouble over reported "rumors" like these caught the NCAA's ear, they would simply self report and the NCAA would take minor action and probate them further if there were anymore violations within a certain time period. Problem is, we are STILL under MAJOR investigation ! Really doesn't matter if they're true or not now. The damage is done. And I do think Barrow was probably not just trying to do his best, but by almost any means possible, within reason, he could to get Duke, Howard and Chick and a few selected others to sign on the dotted line. Sure, nothing major, but by the NCAA's guidelines, impermissible nonetheless. Not to mention, arguably a further lack of institutional control I'm afraid. That's why I feel bad for Golden. He is doing everything he can as far as total compliance with the NCAA. I can see Barrow telling him, "Coach, we've done this type of little stuff minor recruiting tactics for years here." I can only imagine what Coach Goldens's reply would be...

As Canes we must remember this. We've been under the NCAA's Microscope for a few too many years now. We need to walk the straight and narrow in all aspects of the entire Athletic program. The powers that be are ready to pounce on anything we do. Obviously so is the National Press. The Basketball, Football, Baseball programs all the way down to the tennis programs. It's the NCAA sandbox and we're just allowed to play in it as they see fit. Fair or foul, right or wrong, good or bad. It's not a Democracy. It's their club. And an extremely powerful one at that fellow Cane Fans. The one thing they hate more than anything is this. While under investigation, get your house in order and comply. PERIOD. And I know in my heart of hearts that Al Golden is doing everything within his capabilities to do so. It's the little things outside his control that worries me.

In conclusion, I can only hope for this. The NCAA finds us less guilty for the whole Shapiro mess. These recent accusations are proven miniscule. And the fact that we could be found as habitual offenders with multiple Major sanctions within a 10 year period from the 90's doesn't further incite them to bury us up to Ur necks in the little sandbox... Right now, I'll take up to our waists with the abilty to dig out in a few years.

ps- Let's try not to shoot the messengers... Especially our own local ones who's job it is, is to report and opin. News is not always facts. "

Can we have a link to the source.

When somebody is arrogant and has a swagger (thug U) you make yourself a target

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Wish ACC would just throw out Miami. They have been a bust on the football field and continue to commit violations for nothing.