• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF guard Marcus Jordan arrested

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Sounds like another case of cops with huge ego's, that overreact to me.

Of course!! That has to be it. There's no way that a kid could have gotten drunk and unruly towards a police officer.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Sounds like another case of cops with huge ego's, that overreact to me.

Of course!! That has to be it. There's no way that a kid could have gotten drunk and unruly towards a police officer.

Apparently Jordan was arguing with two women in the driveway of an Embassy Suites hotel, and according to the police report he was “very animated, intoxicated and uncooperative.â€

First, I could care less about this guy or UCF, I just don't think there was enough reason here to arrest someone. I've been guilty of all 4 things before (arguing with a woman, animated, intoxicated, uncooperative). That doesn't give a cop the right to arrest you for that if the person didn't put his hands on them (cops) or the women. Big Brother is getting worse and worse every year it seems. But, maybe there wasn't enough content in the story to know the full extent of what happened. I've just seen things in person and read so many stories about police officers that handle situations the wrong way.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

If cops asked him to leave maybe an arrest was warranted depending on how he responded. Maybe similar to domestic. Jolene, if cops are called they MUST arrest someone. It's just the way it is sometimes, but from what it says, arguing, drunk, animated. I wouldn't hold it against the guy. Go downtown Orlando and there are lots of animated drunk folks and plenty of drunk arguments. I don't think most get arrested. Just thrown around by bouncers.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

My point was that you made a judgment that it was over zealous cops by one article. Unless you know more than what I read, it would be difficult for me to assume that it's the cops having huge egos.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

My point was that you made a judgment that it was over zealous cops by one article. Unless you know more than what I read, it would be difficult for me to assume that it's the cops having huge egos

Yes I used outside information not in the article to draw my conclusion. This is first and second hand anecdotal evidence that many police have huge egos and if not catered to they become over zealous jerks.

Rereading my posts I realize my grammar and sentences sometimes come out terrible trying to post from an iphone.

Edited by Gismo

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

My point was that you made a judgment that it was over zealous cops by one article. Unless you know more than what I read, it would be difficult for me to assume that it's the cops having huge egos

Yes I used outside information not in the article to draw my conclusion.

Outside information about what happened that night?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If he was asked to leave and or calm down and didn't the cops had cause to arrest him. The word uncooperative is enough to give the officer cause for arrest.....

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Or maybe the office was born and raised in Sanford... :D

OH NO HE DIN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'm wearing Nikes, I don't care that my school's shoe contract is with Adidas!