• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Post Game USF/UCF Fan Interaction Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Nothing beats the beach bars here in Tampa Bay. St Pete, Clearwater, Treasure Island, etc!!! The live bands on the beach. Tampa Bay has a lot more breezes then Orlando. That is the luck of being close to the water as that Gulf breeze is awesome.

This is so weak. Arguing that Tampa is better than Orlando by pointing to the highlights of other cities (St Pete and Clearwater) and pretending they are in Tampa. Tampa has no beaches. I lived in St Pete for three years and Tampa and St. Pete are complete different cities. The vibe, politics, everything is different. Actual Tampa is a slum. I loved St. Pete. The Gulf is beautiful but if you surf you can't live there. Tampa claiming St Pete and Clearwater is like Orlando claiming Melbourne, Daytona, Cocoa Beach. All these places have epic beach bars. I must say that in my opinion though Busch Gardens is better than any of the Orlando parks. Overall both are great cities and saying one is better than the other is lame.

Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure they actually do.  Not so much Melbourne, but Daytona for sure.  Also, you guys get Kissimmee.  Tampa Bay though, gets St. Pete and Clearwater hands down, it isn't even up for debate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Orlando

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa_Bay_Area

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  470
  • Days Won:  0

Have to be honest: 

I was likely as belligerent toward UCF as any UCF fans were toward me.  In other words: Not at all a bad experience. 

I walked Memory Mile (that's what it is called right?), full of venom.  My buddies and I had altercations but there were all mostly playful at worst. 

I enjoyed the the experience.  Other than one pass play.  And UCF stealing all of FSU's crowd chants; that was awkward and annoying.  Also, the long cattle-like walk to the car. 

During that journey, a UCF fan mentioned that we shoulda won.  I don't know about that, but I appreciated his sportsmanship. 

It wasn't Army/Navy type chivalry, but it wasn't the battlegrounds of Afghanistan as some of you suggest.  It was what it was.  A rivalry game on an opposing team's campus.  I drove from DC to take part.  And it was worth it (minus a single play that will not be mentioned). 

The almost pick-six in the 4th quarter was, for the fleeting moment, the most excited I'd been for USF Football since maybe being in Doak Walker. 

Edited by whiskeyboarder
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

All these excuses I'm reading are just sad. Ucf has passed us but that happens in college football. Programs rise and fall. We currently stink and they're playing well enough to win games. No excuses, this year, they're a better team than USF.

Yeah that showed last night?...I will state this...in our wort year with a true freshman qb we almost beat them in the best year they have ever had...we will continue to bring in better talent and will be back in no short order...
Holy Spinjobs in here. UCF turned the ball over 5 times and still WON, that shows how good and resilient this UCF team is. This reminds me of your game at Notre Dame a few season ago where they turned it over 4-5 times with a few in the red zone just like UCF last night and you beat them. The overreaction here is just like after your Houston moral victory and looked what happened the next few weeks. Win more than 3 Conference games and then we'll see where USF goes in the future. Emotional Highs then crappy losses is your trend right now
Great teams don't turn the ball over 5 times. Ever.
And we had nothing to do with...you just mastakenly handed the ball to us? Taks a hike buddy...now go check out the talent your briging to your program and who we are bringining in...spin job..jesus...
No spin ,still winning w 5TOs is impressive and look at both Programs records the last 2 seasons

So u are 'recruiting ranking guy 'and the season is not even over yet? Who cares it is December. Stanback has had a huge impact for UCF as a True Freshman and he had only 1 other offer .

Wow...im not...but ill say this only one time...you will have better success then devloping kids that or more talented coming then hoping you find Stanbeck or hoping you find a Bortles that nobody gave a realistic look at qb...you can't sustain a progaram like that..it is December, but do you seriously beleive you think your going to a get a run on a bunch of talented recruits? Yeah they will see the light after the bcs game...unfortunately Oleary is your coach and eighteen year old kids dont want to play for that guy...
Lol at this post. So much irony. I dont care what some third party website that is completely understaffed says about our recruits star ranking. Measurables, character, offer list and will they fit the system and culture. GOL is all business and kids respect him for that. Being a family friend of a 2013 recruit that had both offers I can tell you that you have no idea what you are talking about.

You're so right all of sites are wrong...you have no idea what your talking about...

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

All these excuses I'm reading are just sad. Ucf has passed us but that happens in college football. Programs rise and fall. We currently stink and they're playing well enough to win games. No excuses, this year, they're a better team than USF.

Yeah that showed last night?...I will state this...in our wort year with a true freshman qb we almost beat them in the best year they have ever had...we will continue to bring in better talent and will be back in no short order...
Holy Spinjobs in here. UCF turned the ball over 5 times and still WON, that shows how good and resilient this UCF team is. This reminds me of your game at Notre Dame a few season ago where they turned it over 4-5 times with a few in the red zone just like UCF last night and you beat them. The overreaction here is just like after your Houston moral victory and looked what happened the next few weeks. Win more than 3 Conference games and then we'll see where USF goes in the future. Emotional Highs then crappy losses is your trend right now
Great teams don't turn the ball over 5 times. Ever.
And we had nothing to do with...you just mastakenly handed the ball to us? Taks a hike buddy...now go check out the talent your briging to your program and who we are bringining in...spin job..jesus...
No spin ,still winning w 5TOs is impressive and look at both Programs records the last 2 seasons

So u are 'recruiting ranking guy 'and the season is not even over yet? Who cares it is December. Stanback has had a huge impact for UCF as a True Freshman and he had only 1 other offer .

Wow...im not...but ill say this only one time...you will have better success then devloping kids that or more talented coming then hoping you find Stanbeck or hoping you find a Bortles that nobody gave a realistic look at qb...you can't sustain a progaram like that..it is December, but do you seriously beleive you think your going to a get a run on a bunch of talented recruits? Yeah they will see the light after the bcs game...unfortunately Oleary is your coach and eighteen year old kids dont want to play for that guy...
Lol at this post. So much irony. I dont care what some third party website that is completely understaffed says about our recruits star ranking. Measurables, character, offer list and will they fit the system and culture. GOL is all business and kids respect him for that. Being a family friend of a 2013 recruit that had both offers I can tell you that you have no idea what you are talking about.
You're so right all of sites are wrong...you have no idea what your talking about...

Again im not saying you dont develop the talent you bring in...but dont you think if bortles was that good coming out of high school he would have suitors coming after him? That is one example...I could go on for days if I wanted to...so your telling me all of the recruiting sites...there are 4 major ones consistently rank you in the back half of college football are all wrong? Your right, its a conspiracy...your brining in elite talent and winni g epic recruting battles against the other schools in the country...

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Dirty program? One of our two programs got probation and lost scholarships, and it wasn't ours. But by all means keep going to that canard.

Well we shall see.....

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Dirty program? One of our two programs got probation and lost scholarships, and it wasn't ours. But by all means keep going to that canard.

Well we shall see.....

We shall see?  Your freakin' AD was hiring people to illegally recruit.  You are lucky the NCAA got into hot water with the Miami investigation.  I don't think I've ever seen an AD in the middle of dirty recruiting before.

And UCF baskeball paid the price for the infractions.

Primarily basketball, from memory:

Show cause to Head Coach, salary adjustment for 2 years

Player sits out 1/2 a year for taking a couple of meals..possibly shoes, I forget.

Football  position coach fired

AD fired

Self imposed recruiting restrictions for both B Ball and F Ball

Self imposed official visits for  both...I could be wrong.

And at UF, this player  gets free cell phones and service, airfare, lodging, meals and apparel. Additionally, individuals close to Walker received free airfare and lodging for nine different trips, including eight associated with Walker's non-scholastic basketball team competitions.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24423980/florida-freshman-chris-walker-cleared-by-ncaa

AND, he had academic issues......just swept those under the hardwood.

He sits 8 games, no penalty to anyone else. It must be good to be the King.

Edited by footnfan1