• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Post Game USF/UCF Fan Interaction Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

We still own them at 4-1

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

And on side kicking up by a ton in the blow out.......if I recall correctly. 

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  41
  • Days Won:  0

Would like to know the overall feeling of this upcoming game from ucf fans. Obviously our feelings are that ucf will punish us harshly and bury the "64-12" and "4-0" comments.

If i were a ucf fan, i would be pumped for this game only in the sense that it pretty much guarantees a bcs bowl bid. There is too much of a bigger picture panning out here that a "revenge" game won't be the headline. But i could be wrong cuz im not a ucf fan

Here is the general UCF perspective about this game. Knight fans certainly want revenge and to say otherwise would be inaccurate. That being said, we aren't that hyped up about the "revenge/rivalry" aspect of this game for 4 reasons:

1.USF is probably the worst team on our schedule outside of UConn so there is little respect for your team and no mystery about the potential outcome of the game (it isn't "if" we will win but by how much).

2. UCF is playing for something much bigger (BCS) and the thought of being one step closer to clinching will supersede the rivalry aspect of the game.

3. It has been a while since UCF has played USF and there is less animosity about the 4 losses as no current player or student was around when that happened.

4. UCF truly feels they have passed USF in terms of program strength and they don't see USF as that much of a current threat to our rise.

Although I am sure that this post will outrage USF fans (particularly the football no-nothing crowd like the guy who opined that Blake Bortles is immobile and can't throw) but remember this was just an opinion.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16

*nm

Edited by WarLax

For the older fans, it is an important game.....focusing on USF. For most fans, then fact that USF is the opponent, really is not important. It is simply the game that UCF can seal a BCS bid, nothing more. It has been a LONG time since the two teams played.

For me, I wish the build up were better. Until UCF wins a game, it is not a true rivalry...emotional yes, but not a true rivalry

Good luck, for those that come to the game, I hope it is an enjoyable experience.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Do you recommend I buy lube on my way into Orlando or will it be on sale at the game?

I always suggest being prepared. I really do  not expect a huge score. GOL wants to rest players, and play some of the freshman that have yet to ply....and there aren't many left.....but I really do think he wants the 1st team to play the first half, and not much more...but I could be wrong.....

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233

One would think USF will come in Jacked for this game and playing with Pride. If Coach T cant get the players excited and focused for this game than we have bigger issues than we believe. 

With that said, USF historically pulls a huge upset or two a year, and beats a ranked team. This year we have Cincy as our biggest win,( just on the outside of the top 25) and UConn which isn't an upset at all.  Im thinking based on history USF keeps it closer than the experts think (26 points) but having watched all season might be a much worse loss for the Bulls. 

Homer pick says Bulls win.  :GoBulls:

I do think that If UCF gets the chance , they will run up the score, which I don't blame them. 0-4 all time,  all the UCif comments over the years, and a chance to clinch a BCS bowl , playing at 8pm on ESPN , national tv make this game a huge game for UCF.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  41

There will be a slim opportunity early in the game to come out with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind and punch them in the mouth.  We have proven we can defend the pass, and we can run the football.  If we can man up and actually play football in the first quarter, we can put little seeds of doubt in their heads.  Not that I'd expect a victory, but this UCF team has shown the ability to let the other team hang around for a long time.

In order for that to happen, the offense has to find some resolve between now and Friday.

FWIW, the teams that have chewed up the UCF defense have been teams that ran the spread and let their RB and QB gash the inside after spreading them out.  See Houston, O'Korn.

In other words, we would need Bench in the game running the Holtz offense.

Wow. I hope you Bulls fans can get this poster under control. This is the guy who claimed Bortles is not an accurate passer and now he is claiming Houston chewed up UCF's defense. Houston was held to 14 points in that game. If scoring 14 points is chewing up our defense then I like getting chewed. I feel sorry for Shadowbull. I bet you guys roll your eyes when he posts without knowing anything about football.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

For most fans, then fact that USF is the opponent, really is not important. It is simply the game that UCF can seal a BCS bid, nothing more. It has been a LONG time since the two teams played.

Pretty much this , pre game Houston & Rutgers were just concerns about their teams. I don't think the hate is as strong as people are assuming online