• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

SG candidates spar about On Campus Football Stadium

UsfGoose

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Construction on the "Greek Village" began around 1998 and was compeletd in the early 2000's.

Everyone should note that the current "Greek Village" is only "Phase #1", the University agreed to get the process started to build up USF's Greek community. The current apartment buildings are built very cheap so when phase #2 rolls around they could be completly torn down, or modified greatly into entirely new buildings. The current buildings were never intended to last for more then 10-20 years.

At least this is what my sources in Student Affairs just told me. Also according to my sources most of the loans have been paid off for the Greek Village. USF fronted the money to build the Greek Village and each Frat or Sorority had to pay the University back for the construction costs. I don't have the total costs, but was told that the price per Greek building was cheaper then a 3/2 house.

The only thing holding up the second phase is that the Frats/Sororities have yet to raise enough money to pay for the demolition of their current building, and the construction of a new one. Could not tell you how long that would take, or if the current Frat/Sorority leaders are focused on getting phase #2 off-the-ground.

I hope you're right. I'd love to see something different done with the Greek Village. I know we won't ever have those ivy covered, southern-style mansions like other schools in the South, but something with a little more individualized architectural pop would do wonders for the Village. As it stands now, the Village just looks like glorified residence halls for Greeks.

Its all up to the the Greek's if they want to move onto phase #2... they have to raise the money, work with the University, and get plans drafted up. They could build replica Southern mansions like UCF did back in the 1970's for their Frat Row.

The ball is in their court.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic