• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami's not even going to a bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

LOL, that sucks. They barely beat us, and decline going to a bowl this year due to the NCAA probe.

Jacory and many others will leave school w/o a postseason win. Hilarious.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7261664/miami-hurricanes-forgo-bowl-game-due-ncaa-probe

• Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

Too understand the Adminstrations reason, look at it this way. This years team will probably end 7-5. A minor bowl at any rate.

With a more seasoned team that may go 10-2 or better next year, it will be less hurtfull to take it now. The NCAA would have taken a bowl game away so take it now.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Too understand the Adminstrations reason, look at it this way. This years team will probably end 7-5. A minor bowl at any rate.

With a more seasoned team that may go 10-2 or better next year, it will be less hurtfull to take it now. The NCAA would have taken a bowl game away so take it now.

That's assuming that's all the NCAA was going to take from "Da U." I expect to see multiyear sanctions against Miami; I'm hoping they get clobbered.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Screw Miami. I wish they would get the Death Penalty, but they won't.

• Content Count:  1,741

JEALOUSY, That is all I SEE!

• Content Count:  5,241

A 6-5 team decides they wont lose money going to a bowl game (probably the emerald bowl in Cali)...That's a weak attempt to appease the NCAA in my opinion.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I do believe they'll get around 5 schollies vaporized for about 3-5 years, and I'm expecting at least a 2 year bowl ban regardless of this year's "punch yourself in the face" punishment.

then again, the NCAA is so unpredictable and inconsistent in their methods, but they'll do something.

I can understand the bowl ban this year, and it's not like the players didn't have their chances at bowls the last three years (Cal, Wisconsin, Notre Dame). I don't think it's gonna help much though.

From a money perspective, it probably is smart since most colleges do lose money. Might as well save that up and hunker down for the hurricane (pun intended) coming your way. lol

Archived