• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow. Something must be in the water ... Syracuse, really?

dh5158

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

• Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

It looks like the Sandusky story and the public reaction toward it has made it easier for these victims to come forward. They realize that they are victims and they did not do anything wrong and its ok to come forward and report these horrible crimes.

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

It looks like the Sandusky story and the public reaction toward it has made it easier for these victims to come forward. They realize that they are victims and they did not do anything wrong and its ok to come forward and report these horrible crimes.

That's always a hard thing for the victims to do. I've talked to friends who were sexually abused as kids and they usually felt there was something that they did wrong. Many had felt that they deserved it after a while - and that was often re-enforced by the abuser. This is not true and the public outcry against monsters like Sandusky hopefully will encourage victims to step forward and to know that they are not the problem nor is there anything wrong with them. What is wrong is coaches using positions of authority to molest and **** children - there is nothing more despicable in my eyes. Then making the victims feel like they deserved it or that they should be ashamed. It is not their shame - it is out shame as a society for not believing them and not doing enough to protect them.

Victims of sexual abuse did nothing wrong. They did not deserve what happened to them.

The more of these pedophiles that we can remove from positions of power, the more people can see warning signs and keep their eyes open, then the better we will be. We can do nothing to change what has happened, but we can let the victims know that we believe them, that we care about them, and that we want to stand with them. And we can do what we can to bring these criminals to justice and work to prevent any child from enduring it ever again.

• Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

That's always a hard thing for the victims to do. I've talked to friends who were sexually abused as kids and they usually felt there was something that they did wrong. Many had felt that they deserved it after a while - and that was often re-enforced by the abuser. This is not true and the public outcry against monsters like Sandusky hopefully will encourage victims to step forward and to know that they are not the problem nor is there anything wrong with them. What is wrong is coaches using positions of authority to molest and **** children - there is nothing more despicable in my eyes. Then making the victims feel like they deserved it or that they should be ashamed. It is not their shame - it is out shame as a society for not believing them and not doing enough to protect them.

Victims of sexual abuse did nothing wrong. They did not deserve what happened to them.

The more of these pedophiles that we can remove from positions of power, the more people can see warning signs and keep their eyes open, then the better we will be. We can do nothing to change what has happened, but we can let the victims know that we believe them, that we care about them, and that we want to stand with them. And we can do what we can to bring these criminals to justice and work to prevent any child from enduring it ever again.

Well put. I have read that alot of the victims feel guilty about coming forward becuase they ruin their attackers life. It shows how much power these monsters possess over them. they make them feel insignificant. I think the way the public has reacted to this story made some of them realize that we are in their corner and I hope we provide them courage to coming forward and put these monsters behind bars.

Archived