• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sun Dome Renovation Renderings

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

Wow. Looks like student seating will be closer to the court, instead of being stupidly up behind all the media.

I hope you're right, but how can you tell where the students will be?

Just guessing from the picture. I don't see the media row being up like it was in the old sun dome.

Looking at the picture, though, there's still a pretty good gap on that side between the seats and the floor. They need to move the students to the end where the visitors shoot last. Give them 3 or 4 sections. Opens that area up for season ticket holders ($$$) and room for lots more students ... not crazy about splitting them up like now.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I say put the 1.3 mm from the golf practice facility toward the OCS fund. Do we really need a golf practice facility? I am not that into golf so my vote is no.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I say put the 1.3 mm from the golf practice facility toward the OCS fund. Do we really need a golf practice facility? I am not that into golf so my vote is no.

The golf course facility was actually a private donation someone put up just for it.

There were already plans to upgrade the course itself, but some private donation came up just for the practice building.

That doner must LOVE golf

• Content Count:  10,565

I really like the looks of it. Looks like a club type area on one side and some suites on the other.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I really like the looks of it. Looks like a club type area on one side and some suites on the other.

They did mention that they were going to keep the Cabana idea for the renovation... just in a better area (which is practically anywhere but where it was)

• Content Count:  5,881

Wow. Looks like student seating will be closer to the court, instead of being stupidly up behind all the media.

I hope you're right, but how can you tell where the students will be?

Just guessing from the picture. I don't see the media row being up like it was in the old sun dome.

Looking at the picture, though, there's still a pretty good gap on that side between the seats and the floor. They need to move the students to the end where the visitors shoot last. Give them 3 or 4 sections. Opens that area up for season ticket holders ($$$) and room for lots more students ... not crazy about splitting them up like now.

Agreed. The sections need to be connected because splitting them up like they have been just looks awful and ridiculous.

• Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

They did mention that they were going to keep the Cabana idea for the renovation... just in a better area (which is practically anywhere but where it was)

My guess is that's what the open area on the 2nd deck on the left side of the pic.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Anyone know why the Sundome renderings are so top secret? Why not give the fanbase something to be excited about? It may even give someone incentive to purchase season tickets this year in order to lock in priority seats in the new Sundome. Why not try to market that?

So the renderings aren't final? Big deal. We understand it's a work in progress. I don't get it.

• Content Count:  7,780

The golf course facility was actually a private donation someone put up just for it.

There were already plans to upgrade the course itself, but some private donation came up just for the practice building.

That doner must LOVE golf

We need to find ourselves some donors that love the idea of an OCS. Our golf team is going to bring us status or money, but football will. Well that is if we start to play football.

Archived