• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

West Virginia files law suit against big east

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

I think WVU is going to have a rough time winning this one. I expect a countersuit from the BE claiming that WVU has been a destabilizing force. Unless they committed form the beginning of all this, they are going to lose.

Also shows they can't just arbitrarily pull out of the league.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

What do you expect them to say? They are Part of the problem, but Morono (commish) oPened the door to this argument, so no surprise to hear this. Interested in seeing how this plays out.

happy Halloween

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Good for West Virginia for filing this Lawsuit against the Big East and its incompetent Commissioner! The Big East has done EVERYTHING in an INEPT and Pathetic manner since all of this realignment began.

Wasn't Genshaft's quote "USF will end up in a better position at the end of all this?"

Judy Genshaft and Woolard are almost as inept as Marinatto. What a JOKE of a conference.

And que a comment from a mod about you not knowing what Judge Judy and Capt'n Wollard are doing

+1 , thats all i will say, if i don't include a source my post may be edited or deleted.

Don't be an idiot ... that's all we've had for the most part during this realignment circus, unsubstantiated rumors with no real source. If you're too stupid to understand the difference between this and the Kibler incident, you have my sympathies.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I can't help but think that some of the information in that article is just a warning shot across the Big East bow. West Virginia is letting Marinatto know that if it comes down to it, we're going to let everyone know the who, what, when, and why of each and every meeting over the past year about expansion, ESPN, etc. So, either let us go, or prepared to take hand grenades in the trenches.

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

I can't help but think that some of the information in that article is just a warning shot across the Big East bow. West Virginia is letting Marinatto know that if it comes down to it, we're going to let everyone know the who, what, when, and why of each and every meeting over the past year about expansion, ESPN, etc. So, either let us go, or prepared to take hand grenades in the trenches.

never a good idea to choose a battle to the death with someone who has nothing to lose.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I think this is more aimed at ESPN than the Big East. It's kind of hard to blame the Big East when you are a member and probably the most influential member remaining. They signed a contract with the Big East including a 27 month waiting period. Unless there is a provision in the exit language about a certain number of teams, they really don't have a leg to stand on.

Texas and Oklahoma have certainly made a mess of NCAA football. Those two along with WVU are going to make a lot of enemies very quickly. The last thing most schools want is a bunch of lawsuits flying around. Lots of things, including the BCS, can fall apart very quickly.

The more I think about it, they are expecting a bunch of people moving in to contain the situation quickly and make the lawsuit go away.

• Content Count:  820

From what I am told the real bullet in the chamber that will end this will come / has come from our friends from the north, Pitt.

And from what I am told this will render their 27 months null and void with some cash, because a precedent was set.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

From what I am told the real bullet in the chamber that will end this will come / has come from our friends from the north, Pitt.

And from what I am told this will render their 27 months null and void with some cash, because a precedent was set.

What I read was that the Big East offered Pitt and Syracuse to get out earlier if they were willing to pay $20mil. Apparently, the same deal hasn't been offered to WVU. They thought they could pay their way out. If the wording of this lawsuit is accurate, they have discovered two things:

A) The Big East isn't offering them the same deal, or they don't want to pay that much.

and/or B) Just because the offer was made to Pitt (if it was) does not mean the BE is required to give them the same offer.

So all of a sudden they have egg on their face and can't get out of the BE to get into the Big 12, so they are desperate.

What could happen is that the Big East could let UofL out early. No official exit from the BE or invite to the B12 has occurred that I am aware of.

There is a decent chance that if this is unsuccessful, Louisville goes and WVU stays.

This is fascinating stuff, if our AQ lives didn't possibly depend on it.

• Content Count:  820

We have being solicating donations for up to $20-25 mil for the last 2 months.

With an offer on the table to Pitt or Cuse, or even possibly offering an early release to UL to send them to the Big 12 (presumed during the on/off/on status last week) will cause any major issues for Big East. This sets the precedent to get out, and don't think the Pitt AD gets a big fruit basket out of this next year.

Second is letting TCU out of 27 months even though they were never "here"

Reading the post above this also sheds some light. Having this in case in WV is huge!

We are leaving their is no court in WV (even federal) that is going to keep us in BE, the question remains how much are we going to pay to get out and what date is it due before June 31, 2012.

Archived