• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Ville possibly still to B12

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

Or...... ESPN seeing that the isht is going to hit the fan, finds homes for the remaining BE teams in B12, ACC, B1G or SEC?

This is the best case scenario... maybe Luck (at WVU) is smarter than the average WVU grad? Maybe this lawsuit is what starts the ball rolling for the rest of us?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,215
  • Days Won:  422

No offense, but you're right - this IS whiny, pointless, and full of self-loathing.

:D I'm just not feeling the warm and fuzzies anymore. Haven't for a while, actually, but something about the WVU thing, the lawsuit . . . it's starting to really feel like this ain't going to end well (not that C-USA part 2 was a great end to begin with). But now it's all gone into some surreal, ridiculous alternate reality thing. WVU ditching the BE and suing US? WTF? Dogs and cats will be living in harmony next.

You've got to admit, though, we (USF) haven't exactly made things easy on ourselves.

The only non-suicidal way to look at this is as follows, which I've posted elsewhere ... USF had no business, with a football program less than 10 years old, being invited to a BCS conference. We were unbelievably fortunate in that regard. While we didn't take advantage of it on the field/court, mainly because we weren't ready, I think the move was the impetus to make all the athletic improvements a reality which has been huge. If this whole thing flushes out like it looks to, worst case scenario is we'll be right where we belong for a football program less than 15 years old ... The only bad thing about the premature jump up was the creation of a spoiled brat section in our fanbase.

It's like death of a thousand paper cuts... at least fight Woolard, go out swinging!!

How do you know he's not?

from deadspin who has a copy of the lawsuit on their site. "In the way of news, the suit confirms that UConn, Louisville, Rutgers and Cincinnati have held discussions with other conferences about jumping ship." Doesn't mention USF.

http://deadspin.com/5854992/

Let's clear this up. The lawsuit does not say those schools had conversations with other conferences. The lawsuit cites public comments made by employees of the school or by politicians in the states those schools reside. For example, someone at UConn stated they were looking at the landscape or something and a politician followed up by saying publicly that UConn was talking to the ACC.

There is no proof in the lawsuit that UConn was talking to anyone. Conversely, USF is not in there because no one at USF made public comments. That doesn't mean USF wasn't talking to anyone.

I wish reporters were more accurate when they report. That used to be something reporters took pride in. Not anymore, apparently.

of course databull, you're always right. you're so dreamy and smart.

Your omission of any kind of facts to counter his assertion speaks volumes .... Bottom line is still that the deadspin article does nothing to prove that we haven't gone down swinging.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

The only non-suicidal way to look at this is as follows, which I've posted elsewhere ... USF had no business, with a football program less than 10 years old, being invited to a BCS conference. We were unbelievably fortunate in that regard. While we didn't take advantage of it on the field/court, mainly because we weren't ready, I think the move was the impetus to make all the athletic improvements a reality which has been huge. If this whole thing flushes out like it looks to, worst case scenario is we'll be right where we belong for a football program less than 15 years old ... The only bad thing about the premature jump up was the creation of a spoiled brat section in our fanbase.

Whatever mood stabilizer you're on, I need some :P

But, seriously, for me, personally, the issue isn't so much being a spoiled fan as being so incredibly disappointed by our basketball progress back into the early '90s that when we got a football team and actually started winning some games, it was incredibly easy to jump on the team full bore as the saviors of USF's athletics reputation. I mean, who doesn't want their alma mater to be a success. My brother-in-law went to Florida back in the 80s when they weren't doing squat. Enter Spurrier and suddenly it's SEC titles and a NC. I've gotta admit, I wanted to feel that, too (not titles, but the part about my school winning). When we got ranked for the first time, wow, that was unbelievable. But then came the swoons and then realignment. And it's starting to feel like USF football is turning into USF basketball, which for me is a nightmare. So, spoiled? Maybe. Desperate for USF success? Definitely. Impatient? Definitely.

Whatever mood stabilizer you're on, I need some :P

It's called 25 years of USF hoops and 35 years of Bucs football ... ;)

But, seriously, for me, personally, the issue isn't so much being a spoiled fan as being so incredibly disappointed by our basketball progress back into the early '90s that when we got a football team and actually started winning some games, it was incredibly easy to jump on the team full bore as the saviors of USF's athletics reputation. I mean, who doesn't want their alma mater to be a success. My brother-in-law went to Florida back in the 80s when they weren't doing squat. Enter Spurrier and suddenly it's SEC titles and a NC. I've gotta admit, I wanted to feel that, too (not titles, but the part about my school winning). When we got ranked for the first time, wow, that was unbelievable. But then came the swoons and then realignment. And it's starting to feel like USF football is turning into USF basketball, which for me is a nightmare. So, spoiled? Maybe. Desperate for USF success? Definitely. Impatient? Definitely.

Just to be clear, the "spoiled brat" wasn't aimed at you ... B)

Archived