• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ville possibly still to B12

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

It's like death of a thousand paper cuts... at least fight Woolard, go out swinging!!

How do you know he's not?

from deadspin who has a copy of the lawsuit on their site. "In the way of news, the suit confirms that UConn, Louisville, Rutgers and Cincinnati have held discussions with other conferences about jumping ship." Doesn't mention USF.

http://deadspin.com/5854992/

Cuz we don't make **** happen, we let **** happen!!!

Warning: This is whiny, pointless, and full of Bull self-loathing. But . . .

Unfortunately, I'm coming to realize that Florida recruiting and TV market aside, USF has got no real upside. We stink at Bball, we're not very good at football. I guess we're doing well in soccer this year, but outside of some diehards and players, nobody follows soccer. Plus we're off in a corner of the country dominated by the ACC and SEC, neither of whom want us. We are a horrible pick for any conference. We don't even have great academics to fall back on. Fact is, we totally lucked out getting into the BE, and probably shouldn't have, and we are not a good pick for anyone unless they're looking for a bottom feeder to pad their numbers in case they get poached (which no longer appears to be a real danger for the other conferences). Look what we've done in 5-6 years in the BE. Absolutely nothing. What would we do in the ACC, B12, fill-in-the-blank? Nothing. Also, we have no traveling fan base to speak of, no brand whatsoever, and no history. So I'm not surprised for a moment that we're not reported to have had conversations. Sure, I'm sure USF called every other conference out there, but I also think they heard a dial tone as soon as they identified themselves. There's a reason EVERY other BE team has been reported on as potential invites to other conferences (except USF). I know, I know, last week or whenever there was a report that USF could go to the B12 in a 12 team scenario, but who actually believes that could happen? And how do one or two reports mentioning USF negate the hundreds that mention every other team in the league?

All that = we're F'd.

We blew it. We as an institution/team/fanbase were given a golden opportunity to show our stuff in an AQ league and we didn't. We never won the BE, we never traveled well to bowls. We got some marque wins here and there, but then shamed ourselves with our conference play every single year. We could've made ourselves look attractive to other conferences and we could have been in public conversations, but instead we created a national rep for ourselves as wannabes who get lucky occasionally but always blow it in conference, and in the weakest conference no less. It sucks, but it's true.

It's a bad time to be a Bull. The "better" place that USF is going to find itself in when the dust settles is a craptastic conference that we might actually win. Yay. But it, and USF, will get no respect and so it will do nothing for us. Look at how little respect ECU has received, even by the BE. And they've been to 16 bowls, won 7 conference titles, and been in the final rankings several times, even as high as #9 I believe. What's all that gotten them? Jack and, well, you know. And what's USF done? Not even half of that. So what can we expect going forward? Not much.

Sorry to pour on the gloom, guys, but I guess seeing our position in all of this and watching this never ending slow train wreck of conference realignment going on and on and on has just sucked the positive right out of me. It's hard to imagine how all of this won't gut USF football for years to come. I can't help but think some of this had to have impacted our players this season, and I'm not sure as a recruit I'd want to come to USF with all of this going down. The BE is no longer the BE. Things do not look good for us :(

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

It's like death of a thousand paper cuts... at least fight Woolard, go out swinging!!

from deadspin who has a copy of the lawsuit on their site. "In the way of news, the suit confirms that UConn, Louisville, Rutgers and Cincinnati have held discussions with other conferences about jumping ship." Doesn't mention USF.

Unfortunately, I'm coming to realize that Florida recruiting and TV market aside, USF has got no real upside. We stink at Bball, we're not very good at football. I guess we're doing well in soccer this year, but outside of some diehards and players, nobody follows soccer. Plus we're off in a corner of the country dominated by the ACC and SEC, neither of whom want us. We are a horrible pick for any conference. We don't even have great academics to fall back on. Fact is, we totally lucked out getting into the BE, and probably shouldn't have, and we are not a good pick for anyone unless they're looking for a bottom feeder to pad their numbers in case they get poached (which no longer appears to be a real danger for the other conferences). Look what we've done in 5-6 years in the BE. Absolutely nothing. What would we do in the ACC, B12, fill-in-the-blank? Nothing. Also, we have no traveling fan base to speak of, no brand whatsoever, and no history. So I'm not surprised for a moment that we're not reported to have had conversations. Sure, I'm sure USF called every other conference out there, but I also think they heard a dial tone as soon as they identified themselves. There's a reason EVERY other BE team has been reported on as potential invites to other conferences (except USF). I know, I know, last week or whenever there was a report that USF could go to the B12 in a 12 team scenario, but who actually believes that could happen? And how do one or two reports mentioning USF negate the hundreds that mention every other team in the league?

All that = we're F'd.

We blew it. We as an institution/team/fanbase were given a golden opportunity to show our stuff in an AQ league and we didn't. We never won the BE, we never traveled well to bowls. We got some marque wins here and there, but then shamed ourselves with our conference play every single year. We could've made ourselves look attractive to other conferences and we could have been in public conversations, but instead we created a national rep for ourselves as wannabes who get lucky occasionally but always blow it in conference, and in the weakest conference no less. It sucks, but it's true.

It's a bad time to be a Bull. The "better" place that USF is going to find itself in when the dust settles is a craptastic conference that we might actually win. Yay. But it, and USF, will get no respect and so it will do nothing for us. Look at how little respect ECU has received, even by the BE. And they've been to 16 bowls, won 7 conference titles, and been in the final rankings several times, even as high as #9 I believe. What's all that gotten them? Jack and, well, you know. And what's USF done? Not even half of that. So what can we expect going forward? Not much.

Sorry to pour on the gloom, guys, but I guess seeing our position in all of this and watching this never ending slow train wreck of conference realignment going on and on and on has just sucked the positive right out of me. It's hard to imagine how all of this won't gut USF football for years to come. I can't help but think some of this had to have impacted our players this season, and I'm not sure as a recruit I'd want to come to USF with all of this going down. The BE is no longer the BE. Things do not look good for us :(

No offense, but you're right - this IS whiny, pointless, and full of self-loathing.

• Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

All that = we're F'd.

And the irony is that at the beginning of the season, we all thought Miami was getting the death penalty, not us. We're innocent.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Let's clear this up. The lawsuit does not say those schools had conversations with other conferences. The lawsuit cites public comments made by employees of the school or by politicians in the states those schools reside. For example, someone at UConn stated they were looking at the landscape or something and a politician followed up by saying publicly that UConn was talking to the ACC.

There is no proof in the lawsuit that UConn was talking to anyone. Conversely, USF is not in there because no one at USF made public comments. That doesn't mean USF wasn't talking to anyone.

I wish reporters were more accurate when they report. That used to be something reporters took pride in. Not anymore, apparently.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So a school like WVU has probably promoted conference instability.

Of course they have. The only purpose the lawsuit serves is to scare people into possibly having things come out publicly that the inner circle doesn't want to come out. The lawsuit doesn't seem to have much merit, but that doesn't matter sometimes. It's a threat to embarrass various parties in hopes that it will bring enough pressure to let them out of their obligation early.

• Content Count:  145
  • Days Won:  0

All that = we're F'd.

Relax...I'm pretty sure we'll be ok. Well...guessing actually...hoping more like it. OK...making sure USF is in my prayers have been a priority lately.

No offense, but you're right - this IS whiny, pointless, and full of self-loathing.

:D I'm just not feeling the warm and fuzzies anymore. Haven't for a while, actually, but something about the WVU thing, the lawsuit . . . it's starting to really feel like this ain't going to end well (not that C-USA part 2 was a great end to begin with). But now it's all gone into some surreal, ridiculous alternate reality thing. WVU ditching the BE and suing US? WTF? Dogs and cats will be living in harmony next.

You've got to admit, though, we (USF) haven't exactly made things easy on ourselves.

So a school like WVU has probably promoted conference instability.

Of course they have. The only purpose the lawsuit serves is to scare people into possibly having things come out publicly that the inner circle doesn't want to come out. The lawsuit doesn't seem to have much merit, but that doesn't matter sometimes. It's a threat to embarrass various parties in hopes that it will bring enough pressure to let them out of their obligation early.

I remember, back in the good old days, when this was about football. That ship's sailed.

How stupid will all these teams look if the BCS folds in a few years and we go to a playoff system? That's the thread of hope du jour that I'm hanging onto (or trying to). Maybe one day conference affiliation just won't matter.

• Content Count:  120

Let's clear this up. The lawsuit does not say those schools had conversations with other conferences. The lawsuit cites public comments made by employees of the school or by politicians in the states those schools reside. For example, someone at UConn stated they were looking at the landscape or something and a politician followed up by saying publicly that UConn was talking to the ACC.

There is no proof in the lawsuit that UConn was talking to anyone. Conversely, USF is not in there because no one at USF made public comments. That doesn't mean USF wasn't talking to anyone.

I wish reporters were more accurate when they report. That used to be something reporters took pride in. Not anymore, apparently.

of course databull, you're always right. you're so dreamy and smart.

• Content Count:  879

Or......

ESPN seeing that the isht is going to hit the fan, finds homes for the remaining BE teams in B12, ACC, B1G or SEC?

Archived