• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Salary Data Base

gainesvillebull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

wow according to the Gainsville database, there are 817 employees at USF who make six figures or more. W.T.F.

• Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

wow according to the Gainsville database, there are 817 employees at USF who make six figures or more. W.T.F.

I personally like the fact that some of the highest paid professors are at USF and UF.... I think that speaks volume regarding the type of academic talents we need to have.  Also, UF has 70 of the top 100 Highest paid.  We have 3 of the top 10.

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

money doesn't mean quality. I had professors in the school of accountancy making 150k per year. I would argue that they were not that great if they were jist follliwing the book.

• Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

$150k for a CPA certififed senior level accountant with 3-5 years work experience at that level is on par with the private sector. You have to keep in mind the background and experience of the professor. Does it make them a good professor, no. Do you have to compensate them accordingly to lure them away from the chosen profession, yes. You can't look at this in a linear fashion. There are opportunity costs and other factors to take into account.

$150k for a CPA certififed senior level accountant with 3-5 years work experience at that level is on par with the private sector. You have to keep in mind the background and experience of the professor. Does

it make them a good professor, no. Do you have to compensate them accordingly to lure them away from the chosen profession, yes. You can't look at this in a linear fashion. There are opportunity costs and other factors to take into account.

are you kidding? Even at the big 4 you won't make 150k until you've been there at least ten to fifteen years.

• Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

I did say 3-5 years of expereicne at THAT level, refering to the senrio level accountant referenced earlier in the sentence. It takes about 5-10 years to become a senior level accountant. I have seen many accountants earn $150K with just 10 total years of exp. If you are referring to a CPA in an audit firm, I am not. I am referring to department heads, ie Controllers and other comparables in the private sector. I think we are on the same wave length, you just misunderstood me.

I did say 3-5 years of expereicne at THAT level, refering to the senrio level accountant referenced earlier in the sentence. It takes about 5-10 years to become a senior level accountant. I have seen many accountants earn $150K with just 10 total years of exp. If you are referring to a CPA in an audit firm, I am not. I am referring to department heads, ie Controllers and other comparables in the private sector. I think we are on the same wave length, you just misunderstood me.

You're right, I did misunderstand you. That's a fair point then.

Archived