• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

At least UCF is losing. 38 - 10.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Hey the troll is good at trolling, what can you say LOL

He's right though. And to be honest, Holtz needs a proper QB. He's brought in some key guys, and perhaps we can have faith that his pickup of Matt Floyd (we know what Eveld is) is a good one and he will pan out in time. For now, they are trying to cater the offense to BJ as best they can and the current running and passing game. Perhaps once the BJ era is over, you will see the pocket passer in there and a "separate" run game and perhaps that will lead to a more proficient offense.

One thing about dual threat QBs is that they are either hit or miss. They can be effective as we've seen in some games, but when they're not there, it's almost a total shut down. It's not like other teams where one week the QB gets the accolades, then the next week a RB can carry the team. Our team is as BJ goes right now, it's either on or off. They're not releasing the running game like they should.

The fanbase...that's just gonna take some time.

BJ & Floyd are both dual threat QB's, so is Tyler Cameron who is the only QB we are taking in this class so the hopes for a pure pocket passing QB are just not realistic as it's obvious this staff prefers dual threat type QB's for their system......

well that sucks. how "dual threat" is Floyd and Cameron? Are they at the level of BJ or are they just guys who could kinda do it all in a sense? I'm hoping they're the latter in the fact that their "strength" leans more to the side of passing, and they have wheels when needed (or operated in offenses with designed runs).

I surely enjoy having a QB who can be mobile to escape pressure, and run if he needs to, but is more of a passing QB. Someone like Russell Wilson, who leans more to the passer side, but can squirt out when coverage breaks down, and buy time for receivers. That's what I really hope for.

Perhaps Floyd and Cameron, and any other QB that comes in next year, can be those guys. I think Floyd could be from what I saw in the spring games. With BJ, he was a run-first guy, perfect for Leavitt's offense, but he leans more on the running side, so his passing is weaker, and while he's gotten much better at being smart this year, he's not going to carry the team.

Floyd will look to pass first but has issues with warm strength and accuracy. Cameron has mechanical issues that can cause him to be erratic.  Either way neither one of these guys at the moment are not what you are looking for.   

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

He's right though. And to be honest, Holtz needs a proper QB. He's brought in some key guys, and perhaps we can have faith that his pickup of Matt Floyd (we know what Eveld is) is a good one and he will pan out in time. For now, they are trying to cater the offense to BJ as best they can and the current running and passing game. Perhaps once the BJ era is over, you will see the pocket passer in there and a "separate" run game and perhaps that will lead to a more proficient offense.

One thing about dual threat QBs is that they are either hit or miss. They can be effective as we've seen in some games, but when they're not there, it's almost a total shut down. It's not like other teams where one week the QB gets the accolades, then the next week a RB can carry the team. Our team is as BJ goes right now, it's either on or off. They're not releasing the running game like they should.

BJ & Floyd are both dual threat QB's, so is Tyler Cameron who is the only QB we are taking in this class so the hopes for a pure pocket passing QB are just not realistic as it's obvious this staff prefers dual threat type QB's for their system......

well that *****. how "dual threat" is Floyd and Cameron? Are they at the level of BJ or are they just guys who could kinda do it all in a sense? I'm hoping they're the latter in the fact that their "strength" leans more to the side of passing, and they have wheels when needed (or operated in offenses with designed runs).

I surely enjoy having a QB who can be mobile to escape pressure, and run if he needs to, but is more of a passing QB. Someone like Russell Wilson, who leans more to the passer side, but can squirt out when coverage breaks down, and buy time for receivers. That's what I really hope for.

Perhaps Floyd and Cameron, and any other QB that comes in next year, can be those guys. I think Floyd could be from what I saw in the spring games. With BJ, he was a run-first guy, perfect for Leavitt's offense, but he leans more on the running side, so his passing is weaker, and while he's gotten much better at being smart this year, he's not going to carry the team.

Floyd will look to pass first but has issues with warm strength and accuracy. Cameron has mechanical issues that can cause him to be erratic.  Either way neither one of these guys at the moment are not what you are looking for.     

Per Rivals...

Matt Floyd

Pro-style quarterback

Milton, Florida

Ht:6'2"

Wt:190 lbs

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

USF's fanbase is as bad as miami's. Skip Holtz built an ECU program up from scrach. He's here 2 years with a few notable wins and beginning to build his own team, yet people are already calling for his head.

USF's offense is in the top 3 for most improved....in the WHOLE country, yet fire your OC? Lol okay.

Skip Holtz will do well for USF...he needs more time to recruit and build his team. The problem USF has always had is talent....Skip needs to start bringing in better talent which I think he is. However, it's still FSU/Miami's leftovers....which is why you guys will never be on a higher ground as a program....always middle of the pack BE until talent improves.

Well said, good sir.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

well that *****. how "dual threat" is Floyd and Cameron? Are they at the level of BJ or are they just guys who could kinda do it all in a sense? I'm hoping they're the latter in the fact that their "strength" leans more to the side of passing, and they have wheels when needed (or operated in offenses with designed runs).

Per Rivals...

Matt Floyd

Pro-style quarterback

Milton, Florida

Ht:6'2"

Wt:190 lbs

Having seen him here at USF it's clear that he's not.  He's Gorthe-esque in the pocket and roll and use his feet. 

Archived