• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If the BE breaks apart, Do we really deserve to be in an AQ conference?

If the BE breaks apart, Do we really deserve to be in an AQ conference?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I said no... you should have to earn AQ status... we have been in the Big East for years now, which is a joke, and we can't even win the conference.

We still have a shot this year, but if we can't even beat a weak Pitt club that was 2-2 and barley managed to defeat Maine then I don't have high hopes of us being able to beat WV, Rutgers, Cuse, or Natti.

We should beat UConn, they are the worst Big East team this season...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

We still have a shot this year, but if we can't even beat a weak Pitt club that was 2-2 and barley managed to defeat Maine

Maine scored twice as many points against Pitt as ND did so I must assume you think Maine is better than Notre Dame ... Calling this Pitt team "weak" at this point, one game into conference play, is a joke so please stop or I shall have to taunt you a second time .... or third time.

• Content Count:  728
  • Days Won:  0

We still have a shot this year, but if we can't even beat a weak Pitt club that was 2-2 and barley managed to defeat Maine

Maine scored twice as many points against Pitt as ND did so I must assume you think Maine is better than Notre Dame ... Calling this Pitt team "weak" at this point, one game into conference play, is a joke so please stop or I shall have to taunt you a second time .... or third time.

Your mother was a hamster and your father wreaked of Elderberries?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Your mother was a hamster and your father wreaked of Elderberries?

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

I put "no".  But I guess it depends on what your definition of "is" is.  The TV market thing is overblown.  30K go to games but I'd love to know what our TV ratings are. I mean if you don't have BHouse you usually can't even watch.  No one outside of this area, and not a great majority of those that do, care about USF football.

I don't see any inherit right to be in a BCS conference.  This isn't based on the whooping we took last night.  We've only been around 15 years so I'm not sure we "deserve" to be there.  We haven't won any conference titles, we finish around or under .500 every season in conference so I just don't see us being "deserving". 

There are plenty of schools that are in BCS conferences that we could beat.  And we do so every year it seems.  But just like our bad loss last night shouldn't be the reason for us not being in one, our winning the occasional BCS game doesn't give us any real claim.

But IF we get into one, I believe the program will continue to grow and may some day be a powerful football team and, in time, a great program.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

One loss, let's get back to D2!!!!

• Content Count:  32
  • Days Won:  0

We may become an interesting sidenote in BCS history-  USF never had a losing season as a BCS member and was never considered fodder for the Big Teams (maybe slightly concered) as well as never being a cella dwella. 

Being about .500 in the BEAST and with the WV series is shrugingly respectable.

Besides, we all know the about our wins over ranked teams and Big Time opponents.

Even our bowl record isn't bad.  4-2?

Yes, The Bulls are BCS worthy.  Hopefully this loss inspires future improvment from the coaching staff on down.

Go Bulls!!

~U~

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

A moment of weakness. If it all goes down to 4 X 16 conferences we might be on the outside looking in.

Archived