• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

I think the Big 12 is our best bet. SEC will never invite, ACC is running out of spots. Would be a good way to get into the FL market. Add TCU, Louisville and Cincinnati.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Woolard seemed to think he was on top of things based on a few tweets I saw.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Today I believe they are working beating FAMU in expected fashion and they will continue week-by-week to work on making the 2011 on-field product the best it can be. 

If you mean administration, then I'm sure Woolard is working on the best possible scenario for USF. 

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

We need to hear from USF tonight or tomorrow as to what their plan is to get into another BCS conf.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

We need to hear from USF tonight or tomorrow as to what their plan is to get into another BCS conf.

I'm with you on this... I heard that WV is now in serious talks with the SEC... if WV leaves the Big East will collapse and it will be a mad dash to get of the ship before it sinks.

• Content Count:  12,293

I don't think that every conference expansion will be set in stone until the off season.

if we win the big east that is proof enough that we belong at the BCS level

• Content Count:  1,204

I'm sure he's talking to other conferences and talking to other teams. 

It might not be a bad idea (if they're willing) to make West Virginia and USF a package deal.  Pitt and Syracuse basically did that for the ACC.  West Virginia and USF compliment each other and have had some pretty great games.  It largely depends if WVU feels they need someone else.

But right now we are the only teams in the Big East that are ranked and we will both move up tomorrow.  Pitt lost a game on a collapse to a mediocre Iowa team.  Syracuse isn't doing well against USC.  These are two underperforming football programs that are appealing to the ACC because of their academics and basketball as the ACC's bball has dropped off over the past few years to be down to Duke, UNC, and FSU as their strengths.

I say we work on trying to piggyback with WVU to the SEC, though UF would not be happy.  Add in another team to get to 16.  I think the SEC is the only conference where 16 can work.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I'm sure he's talking to other conferences and talking to other teams. 

It might not be a bad idea (if they're willing) to make West Virginia and USF a package deal.  Pitt and Syracuse basically did that for the ACC.  West Virginia and USF compliment each other and have had some pretty great games.  It largely depends if WVU feels they need someone else.

But right now we are the only teams in the Big East that are ranked and we will both move up tomorrow.  Pitt lost a game on a collapse to a mediocre Iowa team.  Syracuse isn't doing well against USC.  These are two underperforming football programs that are appealing to the ACC because of their academics and basketball as the ACC's bball has dropped off over the past few years to be down to Duke, UNC, and FSU as their strengths.

I say we work on trying to piggyback with WVU to the SEC, though UF would not be happy.  Add in another team to get to 16.  I think the SEC is the only conference where 16 can work.

We have no chance at the SEC. Our only hope is for a Big East/Big 12 merger.

• Content Count:  12,293

I wonder how WVU feels about losing their rival Pitt??  Maybe WVU tries to get in the ACC as well

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I wonder how WVU feels about losing their rival Pitt??  Maybe WVU tries to get in the ACC as well

Good call, but wouldn't we have heard their name mentioned?  The source leaked Pitt and Cuse's names to the media, you'd think they would have mentioned that WVU was one of the 10 teams that applied if they had. 

Archived