• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

I wouldn't hate this setup if the BE implodes.

UConn

Rutgers

Cincy

Temple

USF

Louisville

TCU

Baylor

Kansas.          Well u certainly are in agreement with BE leadership who sat on teir asses and did nothing banking on the big 12 to implode well guess what? It hasnt and may not..... they will ptolly take tcu and will get a glorified cusa

Kansas State

Iowa State

Mizzou

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

UConn

Rutgers

Cincy

Temple

USF

Louisville

TCU

Baylor

Kansas.           Well u certainly are in agreement with BE leadership who sat on teir asses and did nothing banking on the big 12 to implode well guess what? It hasnt and may not..... they will ptolly take tcu and will get a glorified cusa

Kansas State

Iowa State

Mizzou

I never said I was in agreement with the inept BE leadership that is Marianato. He royally screwed up what could have been a great thing for the BE. He waited and didn't make moves (he's a moron). But, let's be frank, the BE never really had a lot of leverage. The ACC always had the upper hand. The only thing I'm saying is that conference wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. USF, Louisville, TCU and Mizzou are all legit football teams. Let's just see what happens. Hopefully the Carolina schools vote no to Pitt and Cuse because they won't want that competition every year.

• Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  0

You forgot WVU.

East:

USF

WVU

UCONN

Rutgirls

Cincy

Louisville

West:

Mizzou

TCU

Kansas

Kansas State

Baylor

Iowa State

This would actually be better than the ACC was at 12 teams I think. Would still be an elite basketball conference. We could have the football championship in Tampa, and basketball championship in Chicago.

We could still call it the BIG EAST because all the teams are east of Texas. I like how the Mississippi River would divide the divisions. Imagine if the oklahoma schools stayed on board too.

iIJkDteDuVKZ9.jpg

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

If Pitt and Cuse leave, then so will West Virginia, to the SEC.

• Content Count:  12,293

whats worse than moving the threads is all the thread merging they do.

when a thread gets merged it ends up in chronological order that a post was made so you can have 2 posts that were directly related to each other separated by 12 other posts that were part of 2 other separate discussions.

the board members can read and we all have the ability to click on a thread and use the back button on our browser if we aren't interested.

it gets a little ridiculous sometimes

• Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

You forgot WVU.

East:

USF

WVU

UCONN

Rutgirls

Cincy

Louisville

West:

Mizzou

TCU

Kansas

Kansas State

Baylor

Iowa State

This would actually be better than the ACC was at 12 teams I think. Would still be an elite basketball conference. We could have the football championship in Tampa, and basketball championship in Chicago.

Chicago is the co-home of the Big Ten b-ball tourney, shared with Indy.  I could see it either being a rotated b-ball tourney with places like Tampa, Dallas, Louisville & KC.

• Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

whats worse than moving the threads is all the thread merging they do.

when a thread gets merged it ends up in chronological order that a post was made so you can have 2 posts that were directly related to each other separated by 12 other posts that were part of 2 other separate discussions.

the board members can read and we all have the ability to click on a thread and use the back button on our browser if we aren't interested.

it gets a little ridiculous sometimes

Thus why a temporary subforum until the dust settles is a good idea.

• Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

UConn

Rutgers

Cincy

Temple

USF

Louisville

TCU

Baylor

Kansas

Kansas State

Iowa State

Mizzou

Replace Baylor with Houston imo.

Baylor doesn't have much to offer and recent events have shown they are bad conference mates.  I think Houston would be a lot better and bring in a larger TV market.

• Content Count:  1,470

UConn

Rutgers

Cincy

Temple

USF

Louisville

TCU

Baylor

Kansas

Kansas State

Iowa State

Mizzou

Replace Baylor with Houston imo.

Baylor doesn't have much to offer and recent events have shown they are bad conference mates.  I think Houston would be a lot better and bring in a larger TV market.

Yeah but if we leave out Baylor, why wouldn't we get left out? Yeah USF has a TV Market, but we have almost everything else going against us. Bulls fans this time next year are not going to be happy.

• Content Count:  12,293

if all these conf are talking about trying to get to 16 members then USF has to be somewhere in there.

if they just completely eliminate the big 12 and big east then the BCS will go away too.

Archived