Hi Guest,

In our efforts to raise funds for USF Football, the site is giving away a football season full of ad-free surfing at The Bulls Pen.

Would you consider buying a ticket or two to the raffle that will award this to you or a fellow member of the board?

Each ticket purchase goes directly to our effort to raise $10K in "fan money" for the program.  Below is the link:

The Bulls Pen Ad-free Raffle in support of USF Football

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
Sign in to follow this  
Mama_Bull

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread

I think KU and KSU will bail because of the strife.

I could see this and the Big East should be all over getting them in.

OK, well I forgot to consider that.  If KU and K-State are added, South Florida can forget about ever having a winning record in Big East basketball conference play.

I think KU and KSU will bail because of the strife.

I could see this and the Big East should be all over getting them in.

OK, well I forgot to consider that.  If KU and K-State are added, South Florida can forget about ever having a winning record in Big East basketball conference play.

This would be an issue even if they don't get added.  >:D

I'm not sure KU and K-State have any conference to bail to at the moment.

The Big East needs 2 programs.

Out of courtesy...unless people run at the mouth for 1000 words, you might as well include the entire quote rather than snip out a single phrase or sentence.

Regardless, your suggestion makes sense and I stand corrected.

In the meantime USF better start planning for an OCS , and improve basketball so we are a more viable candidate when the next round of expansion begins, and it will. Yes I know Pitt and Miami don't have OCS's, but I still think it would help. Also we need to keep winning. This is not the end this is just the beginning!

Test

I don't think any of the teams in the BigXII are going to leave there for here. They're no better off here than there but they will have lower travel costs there.

Rumors were already floating around that the Big East was reaching out to BigXII schools in case it collapsed and it didn't. Maybe some of you guys thing those moves are still in play, but I don't know that OU and TX are staying put. It would be hysterical to see the rest of the BigXII leave OU and TX hanging in the wind though along with TxTech and OSU and Baylor. I don't think any conference wants Baylor, not even the Big East, the way they are patronizing A&M on their move to the SEC.

The Big East isn't in any hurry to add teams if we can yank the chains of Pitt and Cuse giving us time for good replacements and in a few months maybe the BigXII still doesn't have their differences sorted and we can pull some of them in.

We should all be glad that our admins were able to keep their mouths shut and that we didn't have anyone spreading false rumors. Now WVU, UConn and Rutgers all look a bit silly trying to move and being rejected.

If UConn really wasn't at the meeting tonight I can imagine that the remaining members hurry quick to raise that buyout to either lock UConn in or take their money.

We still know the ACC said they had as many as 10 schools contact them... well there aren't even ten schools in the Big East but I'm sure we were one of them.

I think the Big East should add 3 teams as quickly as possible and get them on the schedule for 2012 along with TCU. Then force Pitt and Cuse to stay and you will be at 12 teams for 2012 and can have a championship game that year.

I think if you could sqeeze in a championship game one year before Pitt and Cuse finish their way out the door the conference looks a bit more viable when pitching to those other BigXII teams....

What if we brought FIU in?  On the surface you may wonder why; They play in the Sun Belt and they only recently beat their first AQ opponent; however, they are located in Miami and if they were an AQ school their recruiting could most certainly compete with the ACC's Miami at that point......but it would also affect our Florida recruiting as well.  I do like FIU before I like UCF in the Big East.