• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  270
  • Days Won:  0

oh no...if this thread is working again then another merger is going to occur.  I was getting used to looking at the deuxième thread.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Just go ahead with merge with Big 12 and say adios to the basketball members!

That deal is dead. Didn't make sense anyway.

Now that the Pac-12 is not expanding, the B12 is actually not screwed and will be in good shape - unless the SEC decides to add Oklahoma et al.  That's pretty much the only viable option for those teams other than the B12.  The SEC doesn't have to decide for a while so I predict things will be in limbo for a while longer there.  We'll add some teams (no service academies, please) but will still be at risk for poaching from the B12 because they will already be down 3 teams due to Nebraska, Colorado and TAM gone.  Now that the Pac-12 has bowed out, the SEC holds all the cards.

Nobody wants to be in the B12 anymore. Even Iowa state(natural rival of Mizzou) wants out. Baylor threatened to sue it's buddies and UT and OU stayed because they couldn't get in anywhere else. That thing is a tinderbox. Remember aTm started this whole mess because of UTs TV contract. I think KU and KSU will bail because of the strife.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I think KU and KSU will bail because of the strife.

I could see this and the Big East should be all over getting them in.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Definitely agree that we should make a run at them, but apart from us, there's nowhere else for them to go.  It won't be that easy to bail.  If Oklahoma can precipitate administrative change within the B12, I'll bet they stay and the B12 gets stronger. 

Just go ahead with merge with Big 12 and say adios to the basketball members!

That deal is dead. Didn't make sense anyway.

Now that the Pac-12 is not expanding, the B12 is actually not screwed and will be in good shape - unless the SEC decides to add Oklahoma et al.  That's pretty much the only viable option for those teams other than the B12.  The SEC doesn't have to decide for a while so I predict things will be in limbo for a while longer there.  We'll add some teams (no service academies, please) but will still be at risk for poaching from the B12 because they will already be down 3 teams due to Nebraska, Colorado and TAM gone.  Now that the Pac-12 has bowed out, the SEC holds all the cards.

Nobody wants to be in the B12 anymore. Even Iowa state(natural rival of Mizzou) wants out. Baylor threatened to sue it's buddies and UT and OU stayed because they couldn't get in anywhere else. That thing is a tinderbox. Remember aTm started this whole mess because of UTs TV contract. I think KU and KSU will bail because of the strife.

I'm not sure KU and K-State have any conference to bail to at the moment.  Those schools made their mistake when the Big 8 expanded to include the Texas schools are their enormous egos.  They might be stuck with them against their own wills.

Definitely agree that we should make a run at them, but apart from us, there's nowhere else for them to go.  It won't be that easy to bail.  If Oklahoma can precipitate administrative change within the B12, I'll bet they stay and the B12 gets stronger. 

I do think OU has enough power to do this and they could make the revenue sharing a bit more equal. If they don't get that, then I can see KU, KSU and ISU telling them to **** off.

I'm not sure KU and K-State have any conference to bail to at the moment.

The Big East needs 2 programs.

OK, well I forgot to consider that.  If KU and K-State are added, South Florida can forget about ever having a winning record in Big East basketball conference play.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

OK, well I forgot to consider that.  If KU and K-State are added, South Florida can forget about ever having a winning record in Big East basketball conference play.

This would be an issue even if they don't get added.  >:D

I'm not sure KU and K-State have any conference to bail to at the moment.

The Big East needs 2 programs.

Out of courtesy...unless people run at the mouth for 1000 words, you might as well include the entire quote rather than snip out a single phrase or sentence.

Regardless, your suggestion makes sense and I stand corrected.

Archived