• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I just hope USF is also getting ready

Mama_Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

In the history of the BCS, has there ever been a team that is left in the cold because of conference realignment? Like a Baylor or a USF might. This isn't looking promising.

What I think will happen is that there will be a 5th BCS conference with the remants of the Big East, Big 12 and a few current non AQ teams [like UCF and Houston] cobbled together, which we would have east-west divisions. Just like the Big East now, it would not have the prestige of the other four conferences. That conference would have to maintain its BCS standing over time, as the current Big East did after the last realignment.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, I can't believe how many expansion threads that there are on here right now. Maybe 15-20?

Bill I think you missed the important development of Pitt and Cuse talking to ACC. This directly involves the Big East not the Texas AM crap. If Cuse and Pitt leave the BE, i could see BE remnants joining with B12 remnants to make 14 teams. I don't think that conference would be considered sub-par if texas and OU stay.

Kansas

Kansas State

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

TCU

Texas

Texas Tech

Baylor

USF

West Virginia

Cincinatti

Louisville

Rutgers

Connecticut

Iowa State

Missouri

This super conference doesn't look bad.

or how about even this, it's better than how the big east looks now.

Kansas

Kansas State

TCU

Baylor

Iowa State

Missouri

USF

West Virginia

Cincinatti

Louisville

Rutgers

Connecticut

West of the Mississipp:

Kansas

Kansas State

TCU

Baylor

Iowa State

Missouri

(Mizzou and TCU are marquee teams)

East of the Mississipp:

USF

West Virginia

Cincinatti

Louisville

Rutgers

Connecticut

(USF and WVU would hold up this side of the conference)

This would actually be a decent conference, with a lot of natural rivalries built in... With USF's location being the outlier. We could host the championship game at Ray Jay. Would still be an elite basketball conference, championship in Chicago.

ihqdqwrQxL9P7.jpg

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Wow, I can't believe how many expansion threads that there are on here right now. Maybe 15-20?

Bill I think you missed the important development of Pitt and Cuse talking to ACC. This directly involves the Big East not the Texas AM crap. If Cuse and Pitt leave the BE, i could see BE remnants joining with B12 remnants to make 14 teams. I don't think that conference would be considered sub-par if texas and OU stay.

Didn't miss it. Just ran it through the crazy filter first. Did you read Thamel's column? One unnamed "source" and 17 no comments. All these conference and school reps are on a short leash right now because there are so many rumors flying around. Last week Pitt was headed to the B12 and the B10. I wonder if they are gonna spilts the teams up because Pitt is such a prized commodity? They have a very small media market. Smaller than Charlotte, NC. Not exactly what anyone is looking for right now. These conference are going for the media deals. What kills me is the automatic assumption that we go to 4- 16 team conferences. Why 4? No one seems to be able to expalin. There are 8 BCS berths, why couldn't they accommodate 5 or 6 mega conferences?  I think everyone is trying to fit this into some kind of March Madness model. 4 Brackets 16 teams, but no one mentions a tourney. The Rose Bowl carries huge sway with the Big Ten and PAC-12.No way they give that up and they are most assuredly expansion survivor conferences. Orange Bowl they want Eastern teams for attendance sake. Imagine AC vs B12(who wants to see that). If the B12 dissolves, who goes to the Sugar? and now you've got some East coast team going to Fiesta. Even the players don't know what happens next. It's all a row of dominoes.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Voodoo Five weighs in on the subject.

This comment would be funny, but not so much now.

"UCF welcomes you back and looks forward to the I-4 rivalry."

http://www.voodoofive.com/2011/9/17/2430596/if-the-acc-wants-pittsburgh-and-syracuse-usf-has-a-problem

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

West of the Mississipp:

Kansas

Kansas State

TCU

Baylor

Iowa State

Missouri

(Mizzou and TCU are marquee teams)

East of the Mississipp:

USF

West Virginia

Cincinatti

Louisville

Rutgers

Connecticut

(USF and WVU would hold up this side of the conference)

This would actually be a decent conference, with a lot of natural rivalries built in... With USF's location being the outlier. We could host the championship game at Ray Jay. Would still be an elite basketball conference, championship in Chicago.

I'm ok with this, but only if we can kick out Rutgers... just for fun.

Voodoo Five weighs in on the subject.

This comment would be funny, but not so much now.

"UCF welcomes you back and looks forward to the I-4 rivalry."

http://www.voodoofive.com/2011/9/17/2430596/if-the-acc-wants-pittsburgh-and-syracuse-usf-has-a-problem

now i'm worried. I'd much rather play UCF every year if we BOTH were in BCS conferences.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

Meanwhile, while everybody here seems to be taking this lightly, Pitt and Syracuse have been talking to the ACC, according to the NYT.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/17/sports/ncaafootball/syracuse-and-pitt-in-talks-with-acc.html?_r=2&ref=sports

What are we doing?

Hopefully taking care of business in the business room, not in the media.

Gotta have faith this is happening.

Archived