• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will WVU go to the SEC??

Bull-Hornz

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Keep reading this rumor. I hope its not true. Even losing Missouri would not be ideal for the Big East IMO. Let's see how this shakes out...

http://tamu.scout.com/2/1103665.html

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

I think S.E.C. Is more likely to pull from the ACC rather than Big East.

WVU might end up in ACC tho

I think S.E.C. Is more likely to pull from the ACC rather than Big East.

WVU might end up in ACC tho

The problem is, there isn't anyone in the ACC they want that they can actually get for #14.

The Virginia Legislature will not let VT go without UVa.

North Carolina doesn't want to leave Duke...  NC State doesn't want to leave UNC...  Duke would be another Vanderbilt... Wake Forest is smaller than USF St Pete....

Maryland is a target for the Big Ten...

Miami, Florida State, Georgia Tech and Clemson cannot get the votes ...

Boston College isn't "SE" for the "SEC" ...

So if the SEC just wants one team, the next best bet is WVU...

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

On a side note:

I came across an interesting take on a Syracuse board, from fans with ties to insiders at Maryland.  They state that the UMD athletics dept is kept afloat by wealthy Baltimore old-money donors who only care about beating Duke and UNC in hoops.  Football TV money isn't an issue for these supporters, and they have threatened to pull out if Maryland even thinks of leaving the ACC.  Not something I would've figured about the school, just about willing to go down with the ship.

Also, the WVU rumors have the Mizzou fans on suicide watch once again on TigerBoard.  Anyone who tries to mention something positive about the BigEast gets flamed into oblivion.  Funny, though, last week they kept proposing luring L'ville, Pitt, and WVU into their defunct league, and still want to follow TAMU into the SEC for ties into Texas and Florida recruiting.  Perhaps the BigEast may not be so bad for them after all. . . they just don't know it yet.

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think West Virginia would be interested in the SEC.  They're a big fish in a little pond in the Big East, one of the elite teams of the conference.  In the SEC they would be no better than second tier.  Chances are they'll go to far more BCS bowls from the Big East than from the SEC. 

I think Mizzou is the more likely of the two.  They are already a second tier team in the Big XII.   

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

On a side note:

I came across an interesting take on a Syracuse board, from fans with ties to insiders at Maryland.  They state that the UMD athletics dept is kept afloat by wealthy Baltimore old-money donors who only care about beating Duke and UNC in hoops.  Football TV money isn't an issue for these supporters, and they have threatened to pull out if Maryland even thinks of leaving the ACC.  Not something I would've figured about the school, just about willing to go down with the ship.

That may have been true in the past but now they have Under Armor money, which cares about football.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

WVU you instantly make 10+ mil more a year in revenue. If the SEC came calling they wouldn't hesitate telling the Big East to suck it

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

WVU you instantly make 10+ mil more a year in revenue. If the SEC came calling they wouldn't hesitate telling the Big East to suck it

An extra 10 mil would buy a lot of whittling knives and moonshine. You could distribute a jug and knife to every person in the state and still have $4 mil left, easily.

• Content Count:  21,260
  • Days Won:  10

It is a revenue thing, I don't think WVA creates enough revenue and TV market share for the SEC. 

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

So would we.

Archived