• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Why would FSU want to join the SEC.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  71
  • Days Won:  0

I agree, but I think the SEC is still better then the over rated ACC... look at Miami when they left the Big East for the ACC... how many National Titles or heck ACC titles have they won? They are getting the crap kicked out of them by mid-level ACC teams every year...

So because miami hasnt won a natl title or an acc title therefore the acc is overrated? Are you an idiot?

Dont even try to tell me the big east is better than the acc...that is just laughable. Not only do we DESTROY the big east academically, but we also dominate in sports (even in basketball).

Every ranking or rating for conferences out there has the big east pretty much dead last

If anyone's playing in an overrated conferece, it's USF.

If USF moved to any other confernece. Guarantee USF would be 5-7 or 6-6 EVERY year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

UCF would not take the place of FSU if they left the ACC.

Sheesh...you totally missed the question.

No I didn't. You implied that FSU moving up was the only way for UCF to move up. I replied that UCF would not be heading to the ACC to fill FSU's spot if they left.

He probably meant that we'd be going to the ACC and they'd take our place ...

And fnf, you are way off base on this if you think FSU would get beat up all conference season by the SEC ... It's the same ******** I heard today on satellite radio about T A&M joining ... I'd love for this stuff to happen to expose the ******* "SEC is God's gift to college football" ********. I fully understand who have been MNC's the last 4 years but a lot of that has to do with the brainwashed pollsters giving them the shot to get to the game in the first place, and in one game anything can happen.

I agree, but I think the SEC is still better then the over rated ACC...

Agree they are better ... but not to the degree of the national perception. Just a few quick stats:

Winning pct against ooc AQ conf teams in the last 20 years:

SEC - 54%

ACC - 51%

Pretty close ... but an even more telling stat is that the current ACC teams played over 200 more out of conference games against teams from automatic qualifiers in those 20 years, 611-404. Like I said, I agree the SEC is probably the best football conference but not that much better to justify the media's love affair with them.

• Content Count:  711

If FSU went to the SEC, the ACC would definitely look at expanding in Florida.  UCF and USF would have a shot together if the ACC were raided and decided to expand to 14 or 16 or something, though.  I think the ACC would need to lose Miami and FSU in order for both UCF and USF to have a true shot at the ACC.  They'd expand in FL before any other state, if that were the case.  But I wouldn't count out UCF in any ACC expansion, as you guys prefer to do. 

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The ACC prides itself on being better than the Big East. No chance they would drop into C-USA to expand if they were to lose both schools from the State of Florida.

The ACC would just pick off the Big East schools they'd want. The only thing stopping them would be if the Big East went proactive and raided the ACC if they lost some teams to the SEC.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

It's about perception.

Perception:

USF is in the Big East. AQ status.

UCF is in C-USA. Non-AQ status.

As long as USF doesn't tank the next few seasons, USF gets picked over UCF. It's just how it is, even if UCF goes 13-0 the next 2-3 years (not happening).

UCF should be hoping for conference realignment and expansion, it really is their best hope to move up to an AQ conference, unless the Big East plucks them with UH and someone else in the future if they decided upon that...which for now, looks like they don't want to have to fight another perception battle by taking a bunch of C-USA schools.

• Content Count:  276

It's about perception.

Perception:

As long as USF doesn't tank the next few seasons, USF gets picked over UCF. It's just how it is, even if UCF goes 13-0 the next 2-3 years (not happening).

UCF should be hoping for conference realignment and expansion, it really is their best hope to move up to an AQ conference, unless the Big East plucks them with UH and someone else in the future if they decided upon that...which for now, looks like they don't want to have to fight another perception battle by taking a bunch of C-USA schools.

I seriously crack-up when I see what you USF guys claim to believe.

If the ACC were to lose FSU, we would absolutely pursue both USF and UCF.  It's all about TV markets, and the only wedge we would have to blunt the UF-FSU combo would be dominating the Central Florida and South Florida TV markets.

You can yap all you want about the non-qualifier status UCF currently has.  But here's another reality.  THEY HAVE BEEN RANKED RECENTLY.  So with all of the BCS-buster succes of Boise and TCU and others, it's not fatal to take UCF, particularly if they are the only non-AQ that we pursue.

UCF has a better future than WVU, that's for sure.

The ACC prides itself on being better than the Big East. No chance they would drop into C-USA to expand if they were to lose both schools from the State of Florida.

The ACC would just pick off the Big East schools they'd want. The only thing stopping them would be if the Big East went proactive and raided the ACC if they lost some teams to the SEC.

You don't understand, Flip, UCF is an SEC school stuck in CUSA. The ACC would jump at the chance to add them ...

It's about perception.

Perception:

I seriously crack-up when I see what you USF guys claim to believe.

If the ACC were to lose FSU, we would absolutely pursue both USF and UCF.  It's all about TV markets, and the only wedge we would have to blunt the UF-FSU combo would be dominating the Central Florida and South Florida TV markets.

Instead of cracking up, take a few minutes to think through things ... If you think either UCF or USF would dominate their respective TV markets over UF-FSU, you're ******* nuts. They'd bite into the market but hardly dominate ...

You can yap all you want about the non-qualifier status UCF currently has.  But here's another reality.  THEY HAVE BEEN RANKED RECENTLY.

Here's another reality. ANYBODY THAT KNOWS COLLEGE FOOTBALL UNDERSTANDS THAT RANKING WAS A ******* JOKE.

UCF has a better future than WVU, that's for sure.

You're just saying stupid **** like this to tweak us, right ...?

Archived