• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Bulls will be sorry they stopped playing um fsu and uf

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

This is to counter the ridiculous and stupid argument that was posted about playing ucf. No sir what usf needs to do is continue to set up series with the big 3, home and home. That will do more for usf than playing ucf ever will. Who cares what ucf is or is not doing in cdoa.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Content Count:  6,863
  • Days Won:  12

agreed. i dont know why people dwell on UCF so much. its some awkward hatred, or obsession, i cant tell which one.

im all about moving on in this world. when we are beating miami and FSU, why on earth downgrade?

• Content Count:  71
  • Days Won:  0

FSU, UM, and UF are not going to continue regular home and home series with USF....I assure you. Not going to happen.

With FSU already playing UF and UM every single year...not going to happen.

UF doesnt schedule OOC teams with a winning record...period.

Once the series expires with UM/USF, especially now that we have a new AD, I really doubt that we continue a series with USF. The only reason I see us committing to another series with USF is if USF does really well the next few years and it adds to our strength of schedule. If USF continues 4-6 loss seasons and still never contends for a BE title, I see us just dropping USF for a better rival like Notre Dame or BC.

At the end of the day, you won't be playing USF/UM/UF every year I assure you.

Quite honestly, because UCF appears to be really making a move as a program now, it is in USF's best interest to set up yearly games with them because it could turn into a big rivalry down the road that builds hype every season. That's why people keep bringing it up. Big rivalries dont happen over night, they happen over time. I dont ever see one happening between USF/UM though.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

FSU, UM, and UF are not going to continue regular home and home series with USF....I assure you. Not going to happen.

Once the series expires with UM/USF, especially now that we have a new AD, I really doubt that we continue a series with USF. The only reason I see us committing to another series with USF is if USF does really well the next few years and it adds to our strength of schedule. If USF continues 4-6 loss seasons and still never contends for a BE title, I see us just dropping USF for a better rival like Notre Dame or BC.

Quite honestly, because UCF appears to be really making a move as a program now, it is in USF's best interest to set up yearly games with them because it could turn into a big rivalry down the road that builds hype every season. That's why people keep bringing it up. Big rivalries dont happen over night, they happen over time. I dont ever see one happening between USF/UM though.

Not to worry, USF will defeat Miami this year and finish higher ranked than Miami so your point is moot.  FSU has no problem doing a home/home with USF.  While it might not be every year, I am sure they will schedule USF every few years.  Same with Miami.  Even if it ends up not being every year, it will be every few years.  I have no problem with USF alternating between the 2.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Here, here!! **** the mickey mouse club. I'm pretty sure top recruits would love to here. Come here so you can play in those super rivalry games against ucf, fiu, and fau.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

You guys say that some dwell on ucf too much, but you hate them so much that you apparently neglected to see the word perception. Perhaps you haven't seen where they got 22 points and we got 9 in the coaches poll. I would say that is proof that there is a perception that they could compete if not beat us.

• Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

Something to take into account is that CUSA has 6 coaches voting and BE only has 4.

Here's the breakdown of Conferences and the Votes they can cast:

SEC, Big Ten, ACC, Pac 12, CUSA, MAC - (6 each)

Big XII - (5 each)

Big East, Sun Belt, WAC, MWC - (4 each)

IND - (2 each)

Basically you get 1 vote for every 2 schools in conference.

• Content Count:  3,111
  • Days Won:  7

UCF is certainly trying. However, the recent Plancher trial and controversial recruiting tactics are hurting them. They're not tOSU or USC who will be able to recover from this because they recruit and coach so well anyway.

Besides, UCF has been a historically very up or down program, mostly depending on who their QB is. They did will with Culpepper, and then had a long period of playing average non-BCS football at best. Now they're good again because they have a competent QB.

USF had a bad situation with the Leavitt firing, but we're getting along well with Holtz and company, not to mention we're doing better with recruiting.

Don't get me wrong. I know a lot of good people who went to UCF. But they're not a rival for us. Not when the Big 3 is taking turns being average and we're slowly catching up. Last year might have been somewhat lucky for us (I mean, we were  playing a true freshman walk-on QB for the entire second half), but within two to three years the talent gap will be gone.

That said-Miami is insanely fast.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

You guys say that some dwell on ucf too much, but you hate them so much that you apparently neglected to see the word perception. Perhaps you haven't seen where they got 22 points and we got 9 in the coaches poll. I would say that is proof that there is a perception that they could compete if not beat us.

Their 22 points are based off off last year and some C-USA coaches trying to pump up their teams as much as possible.

The reality is that UCF does not beat quality teams, nor do they play tough schedules. They would not beat us.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Days Won:  19

Huh? I don't get this comment at all.  USF plays a non-AQ team and beats it every time.  Then that non-AQ team has one decent (not great but decent) season in a non-AQ conference while screaming like heck both to get into the same conference as USF and suddenly the non-AQ is "really making a move as a program now"?  Even though I support UCF joining the Big East and then USF playing them regularly, this theory is so much baloney. Nationally, neither UCF nor USF has made a major mark on the college football world, although I would argue that USF's perception has been larger over time.  That doesn't mean that both programs won't soon make progress but playing UCF at this point is pretty much irrelevant to that outcome as circumstances are now, just has it has been in the past.  USF didn't get a lot of major props for beating UCF the last four times and it wouldn't do so now.  I travel a lot and talk to a lot of people about college football and I've yet to have anyone outside of Tampa or Orlando comment that ione way or another about the USF - UCF.  We could make a lot bigger bang by dropping some of the patsies and taking on some bigger name opponents (even if on the road) a la FSU circa 1980s.  And recruiting has been more about upgrades in coaching and facilities than "Hey, we beat the Knights."  Once UCF joins a BCS conference, and I think they will sooner or later, then I think the dynamic changes.  Until then, not so much.

Archived