• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What's your preseason ranking of the state's college football teams?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

Nfm

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

1. FSU - primed for a big season, I think 11-1 this year. Will beat Miami and Oklahoma at home and Florida on the road for the first time in forever. Win ACC Atlantic and this time conquer VT for the ACC crown and a trip to the Orange Bowl.

2. USF - going 9-3 isn't far fetched, and potential to be a 10 win team is there. Beat Miami at home, coin flip on ND game, comes down to WVU, but even if don't win the Big East, they will have a winning BE record and be vying for the title in the final 2 weeks.

T3. Miami - looking at a 7-5 or 8-4 season, with likely losses to FSU and USF in back-to-back weeks. Will surprisingly do decent in ACC Coastal, only losing 2 games. I do think they beat Ohio State at home (enough to get their fans cocky about beating O$U for a week or so).

T3. Florida - I think they'll go somewhere along 7-5 again this year with a loss to FSU and 4 SEC losses (UGA, LSU, Alabama, and South Carolina). They'll get a Music City or Liberty bowl invite. Crocodile tears.

5. UCF - will likely have another good season and will win C-USA East, winning 9 games, possibly 10. Could win C-USA again depending on how good the West is. But the record will be inflated due to another year of crappy opponents. Could beat BC, but will lose to BYU. Will likely lose to USM in Hattiesburg, and I have doubts about the Tulsa game at home - UCF is known for flopping a C-USA home game every year. Could play Florida in the Liberty Bowl...I'd watch that.

6. FIU - will have another good year and win the SunBelt, edging out perennial power Troy. Make their 2nd bowl and hopefully a 2nd bowl win. Momentum gaining.

7. FAU - new stadium proves to be great, team shows improvement on the field. Will be much improved in SunBelt play, but would still be last among the FL teams for now.

• Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

UCF won't under any circumstance play UF in liberty. Sec set it up that way,  no in state match ups.  Liberty is likely to be SEC vs BE this year.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1. FSU

2. UF

3. USF

4. Miami

5. UCF

6. FAU

7. FIU

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

1. FSU

2. USF

3. UF

4. Miami

5. UCF

6. FIU

7. FAU

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

1. FSU

2. Miami

3. USF

4. Florida

5. UCF

6. FIU

7. FAU

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

1) FSU

2) UF

3) USF

4) Miami

5) UCF

6) FAU

7) FIU

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Not that it matters much... but why are people picking FAU over FIU? FAU has a brutal schedule this season and is in somewhat of a rebuilding year in terms of talent and players where as FIU is the consensus pick to win the Sunbelt again.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I think Schnellenberger will have FAU up to the challenge of the tough schedule, FAU is debuting a new stadium and I think that momentum will do wonders to motivate their team, and they've had some decent recruiting classes for Sun Belt standards.

Archived