• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Big East Expansion... BYU, ECU, UCF...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Please leave BYU out of the Big East. It's bad enough we have to tailgate at TCU. BYU is a glorified cult in an a$$ backwards state. My grandfather was Mormon. He raised my mom Catholic for a reason. Needless to say... I had a business partner that was Mormon and his BYU wife screamed all the virtues of their religion at me daily. The whole time they were skimming money off the books doing a rehab on their personal residence. I'm not an Obama fan, but he would get my vote before Romney. My dislike runs deep. Hopefully UCF joins the conference so we can continue our domination on them in football. I miss beating our little brother to the east. If a Leavitt coached team can hang 64 on UCF, imagine what Skip could do to them.

You are a fool. You are basing your opinion of mormons off a few people. I can just as easily make a broad generality about Catholics molesting boys.

Salt Lake City is a great city. One of my favorite in the country. Youve probably never been there. It is one of the most naturally beautiful bigish cities in the country. The city is in a strip of land sandwiched between the salt lake and the rockies. Downtown salt lake has huge snowy mountains backdropping it. Say what you want about the rediculous things the mormon religion speaks, but in general they are a peaceful happy people that dont harm anyone. I have a client that lives in Salt Lake, and when i was in town he took me on a tour of downtown, including dinner at Brigham Young's old house. The whole area is beautiful and well kept up. I'd love to make a trip there now and then for a BYU game.

saltlakecity1.jpg

And wanting UCF in the BE is a rediculous idea. They are nearly out recruiting us now without BCS affiliation or any history of success. Their campus is nicer than ours, and they are in a city with a better nationwide image (right or wrong) than tampa. If they are in the BE we wouldnt be beating up on them every year.

Don'tPushMe...mind if i push?

Ok lets start with the mormon thing...yes, you are correct.  The mormon religion is crazy but yes, the city of Salt Lake and the surrounding areas are gorgeous, been there many times. 

Next, they(UCF) are NOT out recruiting us now.  Look up reports.  They've gotten a few guys under the radar from us the past couple years (mainly cause of the CJL turmoil).  But things are getting back to normal and we would still wipe the floor with them.  Lets not forget that we get a few recruits from under the radar of some even "bigger" boys, ala Giddens, Dunkley, Eatmon...etc.

Next...their campus is NOT nicer than ours.  Unless a campus is supposed to look like a strip mall.  Have you been to USF's campus lately?  Even if you have...have some pride.  I think it's far better. 

Next...Orlando a "bigger" city?  No...DISNEY is a bigger name than tampa.  NOT Orlando.  I hate it when people put outlandish opinions on here and dont rely more on FACTS. 

Who has the bigger TV market?  TAMPA 

Who has more Professional Sports teams? TAMPA

Which town has more culture and cultural events per year? TAMPA

Now if you were judging on which town has more TOURISTS...yeah...maybe Orlando, Tampa Bay Area has beaches though.  AND I gurrantee they arent going to east o-town where florida tech/ucf is.  They're staying in the Buena Vista area...which is closer to Tampa anyway.

Finally, Figure it out DontPushMe...UCF wouldn't beat us if they were in the Big East...cause they're BUMS.  Thats a fact.  ;)

8va out...

GO BULLS!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  578

Hopefully UCF joins the conference so we can continue our domination on them in football.

• Content Count:  4,642

UCF loves to say they're in a big media market, but the truth is it won't matter because adding them won't increase revenue overall.  trust me, if it did, then they'd have already been added a long time ago.

we'll end up adding whoever gives us a bigger paycheck.  period.  no one cares about time zones when you're handed a multi-million dollar check.

money talks.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Big East commissioner says the conference will begin negotiating a new TV contract in September 2012 and will have settled its expansion plans by then.

So at least we have a date set in stone... sometime between now and September 2012 we will know...

(1). if we stay at 9 or upgrade to 10 or 12...

(2). if the BEast football splits away from BEast basketball...

(3). if the BEast adds...

- UCF

- Memphis

- Houston

- SMU

- Tulane

- Troy

- Navy

- Army

- ECU

- Notre Dame

- Maryland

- Boston College (trade)

- Western Kentucky

- FAU

- FIU

- La Tech

- Southern Piss

-- Did I miss anyone??

(4).  If the world will end on October 21st  ::)

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

UCF loves to say they're in a big media market, but the truth is it won't matter because adding them won't increase revenue overall.  trust me, if it did, then they'd have already been added a long time ago.

we'll end up adding whoever gives us a bigger paycheck.  period.  no one cares about time zones when you're handed a multi-million dollar check.

money talks.

Actually media is only one factor the BEast will look at; the BEast looks at total revenue and according to CBS Sportsline UCF is the highest revenue producing program in CUSA. Which is not nothing to brag about... its like saying they are the tallest midget... however what they can hang their hat on is that they produce more revenue then both Cincinnati, UConn, and 7 other BCS schools...

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/28836031

After reading this story and the linked report, the numbers appear to be sound and now knowing this I believe that UCF has to be the top candidate for addition to the Big East, if we expand past 9 members. Based on total CUSA revenue UTEP, and ECU are the other universities that make a hefty profit... SMU breaks even and Houston is the least profitable football program and is right now bleeding red ink.

I take no pleasure in saying this... I hate UCF just as much as the next Bull... hopefully I am missing something but money talks and crap walks. Now that Nova is out of the picture the Big East is gonna add whoever brings in the most money period... tv viewership is just the icing on the cake.

• Content Count:  639

Bulls 8va that has to be the most homer post I've ever read on here, it's ok to give at least 1 compliment to the enemy  ;)

• Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  3

DontPushMe is either being sarcastic or he's spending too much time over at the Orlando Magic forum.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Isn't ucf under investigation for recruiting violations? Why would the add those troubles to the conference?

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Big East commissioner says the conference will begin negotiating a new TV contract in September 2012 and will have settled its expansion plans by then.

Great, so we have up to another year and a half of nothing but speculation?

:Bang

Archived