• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Storm Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Could be sour grapes but Canes fans are saying Storm liked to smoke a little bit of the sticky icky.

They always have a story about why someone could spit on that hallowed institution. Means less than nothing.

Sure.  Means "less than nothing".

Except for the fact that he was busted twice within a month, including one incident when the cops were called.  University disciplinary matter.  Suspended for the first game of the season.

But, sure, believe that nothing happened.  That we make stuff up.

Look, Storm hit a trifecta of issues that earned him his dismissal.  Getting caught smoking pot multiple times on campus was just one of his issues.

I always love how your fans spin all kinds of crazy nonsense...oh, half of Miami's boosters smoke pot...

Whatever.

Bottom line, I don't care who smokes pot as long as you don't get caught and you are productive.  Unfortunately, Storm kept getting into trouble with university and police authorities and had a very bad attitude about it.  Even if half of Dade County was smoking pot, UM has rules, and we have to punish the players according to our policies (for which we got in trouble when Erickson chose not to punish Sapp when he failed a drug test).

Storm got in trouble once, one-game suspension.  Then he got in trouble again and it was going to be a bigger punishment.  So he bolted.

If you want him, you can have him.  AND his parents.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Could be sour grapes but Canes fans are saying Storm liked to smoke a little bit of the sticky icky.

They always have a story about why someone could spit on that hallowed institution. Means less than nothing.

Sure.  Means "less than nothing".

Except for the fact that he was busted twice within a month, including one incident when the cops were called.  University disciplinary matter.  Suspended for the first game of the season.

But, sure, believe that nothing happened.  That we make stuff up.

Look, Storm hit a trifecta of issues that earned him his dismissal.  Getting caught smoking pot multiple times on campus was just one of his issues.

I always love how your fans spin all kinds of crazy nonsense...oh, half of Miami's boosters smoke pot...

Whatever.

Bottom line, I don't care who smokes pot as long as you don't get caught and you are productive.  Unfortunately, Storm kept getting into trouble with university and police authorities and had a very bad attitude about it.  Even if half of Dade County was smoking pot, UM has rules, and we have to punish the players according to our policies (for which we got in trouble when Erickson chose not to punish Sapp when he failed a drug test).

Storm got in trouble once, one-game suspension.  Then he got in trouble again and it was going to be a bigger punishment.  So he bolted.

If you want him, you can have him.  AND his parents.

Boy, you Miami fans are getting a little testy, must be all the defections, and losing to USF, man that has to hurt.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

That is Hurricane Mutiny's M.O. He is always Waaaaaaay over the top with everything when it comes to UM. If we mention them.....he will be there to raise all kinds of "Cane".

I would imagine many of UM's biggest boosters are former players. I think it has been pretty well documented that many of them like to smoke and they don't really try to hide that fact. It was never really a big deal, which was my point.

What I find amusing Mutiny....is in one sentence....you act offended that I would imply such a thing.....but then in your next sentence you say you don't care? Which is agreement with my point that you were so offended by?

Again, I go back to my original post, I don't think USF will be making a play....I doubt UM would even release him to us.....so why all the fuss? Oh thats right.....you are insane......we have seen this movie before. You go nuts over a point that you agree with.

We will see you again next season Hurricane Mutiny so you can remind us that USF will NEVER EVER EVER beat UM no matter who is coaching you. Looking forward to it.  ;D

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

9 for 119  :o. Now I know why last regime was fire. They didn't use this kid enough. For those slow on the maths, that 13 yards per carry!!!!!!!

71 yards of that was on one carry. Shaw had similar numbers last year. 108 yards on 12 attempts.

>:D debunked, IN THE FACE (hangover cop tazing Allen) lol

And Shaw spent most of the season unavailable. 8 for 48 is STILL 6 yards a pop. Kid needed more touches. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

That is Hurricane Mutiny's M.O. He is always Waaaaaaay over the top with everything when it comes to UM. If we mention them.....he will be there to raise all kinds of "Cane".

I would imagine many of UM's biggest boosters are former players. I think it has been pretty well documented that many of them like to smoke and they don't really try to hide that fact. It was never really a big deal, which was my point.

What I find amusing Mutiny....is in one sentence....you act offended that I would imply such a thing.....but then in your next sentence you say you don't care? Which is agreement with my point that you were so offended by?

Again, I go back to my original post, I don't think USF will be making a play....I doubt UM would even release him to us.....so why all the fuss? Oh thats right.....you are insane......we have seen this movie before. You go nuts over a point that you agree with.

We will see you again next season Hurricane Mutiny so you can remind us that USF will NEVER EVER EVER beat UM no matter who is coaching you. Looking forward to it.  ;D

You guys are funny, I'll give you credit for that.

Look, it's like this.  What happens if your leg is caught in a bear trap?  You might have to sacrifice part of your leg if you want to live.

Randy Shannon was that bear trap.  And losing to USF was that part of the leg.

I'm OK with the one loss.  Hell, Miami has lost to FAMU and ECU in my lifetime, but we have five national championships too.

As for your assumptions on boosters, you could not be farther from the truth.  While many of our players make small contributions, only a few are on the level of Edgerrin James/Michael Irvin/Dwayne Johnson who can afford to give significant dollars.  At the last UM-F$U game in Tallahassee, several former UM players and family members of players were at my group's tailgate, and I can assure you that most of our football alums are not multi-millionaires.  And while we don't have a booster club the size of UF's, we do pretty well when it comes to money.

I am amused by your comment that I am "insane".  Hey, you guys are the ones with a Storm Johnson thread on your "Prospects and Potential Recruits" board.  I assure you, UM boards never mention USF players who leave school on our recruiting boards.

Oh, and as for the release:

The five players who have left Miami – tight end Andrew Tallman will be a sixth – will have restrictions on what schools they will be allowed to play for, Golden said. “Clearly they’re prohibited from going to an ACC school and I’m not going to let them go to schools we’re in direct competition with or that recruit heavily here,†Golden said.

Enjoy slipping to fifth best program in the state, as even UCF begins to out-recruit you (legally or illegally).

• Content Count:  2,523

That last sentence by Mutiny sums up his insane take on things...

• Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

Hey, you guys are the ones with a Storm Johnson thread on your "Prospects and Potential Recruits" board.  I assure you, UM boards never mention USF players who leave school on our recruiting boards.

For now.  The arrogance of UM fans is astounding.  Do you think we will stay the same, we will not grow and get better.  You guys have fallen, and you have a hell of a fight to maintain your status in front of you.  If you lose to USF again are you going to fire Al?

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

You guys are funny, I'll give you credit for that.

Look, it's like this.  What happens if your leg is caught in a bear trap?  You might have to sacrifice part of your leg if you want to live.

Randy Shannon was that bear trap.  And losing to USF was that part of the leg.

I'm OK with the one loss.  Hell, Miami has lost to FAMU and ECU in my lifetime, but we have five national championships too.

As for your assumptions on boosters, you could not be farther from the truth.  While many of our players make small contributions, only a few are on the level of Edgerrin James/Michael Irvin/Dwayne Johnson who can afford to give significant dollars.  At the last UM-F$U game in Tallahassee, several former UM players and family members of players were at my group's tailgate, and I can assure you that most of our football alums are not multi-millionaires.  And while we don't have a booster club the size of UF's, we do pretty well when it comes to money.

I am amused by your comment that I am "insane".  Hey, you guys are the ones with a Storm Johnson thread on your "Prospects and Potential Recruits" board.  I assure you, UM boards never mention USF players who leave school on our recruiting boards.

Oh, and as for the release:

The five players who have left Miami – tight end Andrew Tallman will be a sixth – will have restrictions on what schools they will be allowed to play for, Golden said. “Clearly they’re prohibited from going to an ACC school and I’m not going to let them go to schools we’re in direct competition with or that recruit heavily here,†Golden said.

Enjoy slipping to fifth best program in the state, as even UCF begins to out-recruit you (legally or illegally).

I  just find it funny that we haven't heard from the mighty Canes since before last years game. Tough to get that taste out of your mouth, huh? Good luck with that FBS coach, k?

I see 6 4-star commits on our list already.  I see nothing similar on the USF list.  We've gotten more 4-star or higher commits in the last few months with Golden than you've had in the last couple of years with Skippy.

Quality.

Plus, you have to admire the stones on a USF guy who taunts over an "FBS Coach".  Pure genius.

Call me when Skippy signs a Top 50 recruiting class.  Sure, you have a few more months to brag, so enjoy it while you can.

Hey, whatever happened to that fabulous Thanksgiving Weekend "rivalry" game between us?  Oh, right, our AD listens to our alums.

I'll tolerate a few hundred more "Hail Flutie" replays for a real rivalry game over Thanksgiving weekend.

• Content Count:  2,523

Wake me when Miami is playing FSU or UF on Thanksgiving weekend...

Archived