• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Injured receiver Mut plans to join Bulls in January

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

this works out perfect for chris dunkley.  hopefully we hear good news toady or tomorrow on this.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

A little over ambitious on Mike Blakely considering how deep we are at the position.  My guess is that he will eventually end up at Clemson, not to say that I wouldn't love to have him on the roster. 

It's not that crammed at RB.

Battles, Shaw, and Aycock are Sophomores

Murray and Scott are Juniors

Blakely would be a freshman in 2012 with Murray and Scott (seniors) and Battles, Shaw, and Aycock (juniors).  That's not too deep to take a freshman RB.  It's too deep for a JUCO (2 yr/Junior) transfer, but not for a freshman.

My feeling is that he is going to pick a school where he is going to play right away (after sitting out 1 year, if he goes that route).  Here, he is going to have to compete against at least five RBs, possibly six if Peterson redshirts, to play right away.  This obviously isn't factoring in any new recruits or transfers this year or next year. 

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Mut is solid young man from quality family.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

when is blakely eligible?

I'm hearing it's either a school like us or he's going to transfer to a junior college and return to an SEC school afterward.

Josh Newberg, is that you?

Haha...

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Peterson? I don't think a walk-on is going to impact his decision one way or another. Any school is going to have 4-6 running backs on scholarship. USF has some young backs, but reasonably, Murray and Scott are the only backs that have had significant playing time against BCS opponents. Battles, Shaw played very sparingly as freshmen. Aycock, while promising, hasn't yet had a college carry.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

when is blakely eligible?

I'm hearing it's either a school like us or he's going to transfer to a junior college and return to an SEC school afterward.

Josh Newberg, is that you?

Haha...

Neither am I.  ;)  :D

joshnewberg247 Josh Newberg

@kev4ncsu Yes. But even though his grades are fine, he would have to do 2 years at JUCO before transfering to the SEC

5 hours ago   

So, if Josh is correct and he would really lose two years at JUCO, I don't think that is a viable option.

I have a hunch that Clemson might end up being our toughest competition for him, because they were one of his favorites and are in the ACC. Hope he watched our bowl game victory over them.

BTW, Josh gives USF a 50% chance at landing him.

http://twitter.com/#!/joshnewberg247

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I think Clemson would be a terrible choice for Blakely. They are stacked at running back and have Mike Bellamy coming in as a true freshman.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think Clemson would be a terrible choice for Blakely. They are stacked at running back and have Mike Bellamy coming in as a true freshman.

I agree.

But if he decides on Clemson, I hope Bellamy then transfers to USF.  ;D

Archived