• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF recruiting violations fallout

Guest AstroBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Stay tuned for more!!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

Caldwell defends UCF and himself. His son attends UCF and he's been friends with AJ Rompza since 6th grade. 2 things both smear pieces conveniently left out when questioning the 'mysterious connection of Caldwell to UCF'. They don't like the new kid on the block recruiting against the big boys

Caldwell said UCF has become a target within the college basketball and football establishment because the Knights have won recruiting battles against higher profile programs for top recruits. He said he is nothing more than a mentor to young athletes and a fan of UCF sports programs that sells themselves once high school athletes visit the campus.

"Why are they personally attacking me when this whole thing is about the big schools saying the smaller schools shouldn't be getting players," Caldwell asked. "… There's no money involved. I challenge anyone to say if Ken Caldwell gave a player money or the university gave Caldwell money to give to a player. That doesn't exist."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/knights/os-ucf-recruiting-tactics-questioned-20110430,0,5335838.story

1242032359_haters-gonna-hate.gif

Guest AstroBull

Caldwell defends UCF and himself. His son attends UCF and he's been friends with AJ Rompza since 6th grade. 2 things both smear pieces conveniently left out when questioning the 'mysterious connection of Caldwell to UCF'. They don't like the new kid on the block recruiting against the big boys

Caldwell said UCF has become a target within the college basketball and football establishment because the Knights have won recruiting battles against higher profile programs for top recruits. He said he is nothing more than a mentor to young athletes and a fan of UCF sports programs that sells themselves once high school athletes visit the campus.

"Why are they personally attacking me when this whole thing is about the big schools saying the smaller schools shouldn't be getting players," Caldwell asked. "… There's no money involved. I challenge anyone to say if Ken Caldwell gave a player money or the university gave Caldwell money to give to a player. That doesn't exist."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/knights/os-ucf-recruiting-tactics-questioned-20110430,0,5335838.story

But when asked about patching Coach Jones in on a call, he had no comment...

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Sooner or later somebody was going to investigate UCF basketball because of all their recent success on and off the court. People always go digging when a school like UCF jumps up on the map out of nowhere. Getting Ware to commit was just 1 star player to many and no it's on.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

They don't like the new kid on the block recruiting against the big boys

No, I think they don't like cheaters getting in on their own action.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

tisk, tisk.  813 you need to do more research.  In fact the fact that Caldwell's son is attending UCF, reportedly, is MORE DAMNING for UCF and not less.  You ignorant fools are spinning this and not realizing your spins are only making matters worse.  Caldwell's son attending UCF officially makes him a booster of UCF, and thus ANY, emphasize ANY, contact with recruits to influence them to attend a school would be a MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR violation particularly since it is very clear that UCF was aware of it.  This is bad, real bad for UCF.  If Caldwell's son does go to UCF and he's running around using his street contacts, he's clearly not a person that UCF gives to the NCAA as approved recruiters, so if he's running around contacting UCF recruits-- big no-no my friend.  And it would be even worse if UCF in some way paid for the service.

Please go look up the NCAA rules...actually if Caldwell did not have a son a UCF it would be BETTER for you because he could simply pass things off as casual interactions and comments...now by NCAA rules he's construed as a booster and thus any intentional contact with potential recruits would be deemed by the NCAA as impermissible.

Furthermore there are rumors swirling that two schools may have blown the whistle on UCF, to include UL, because reportedly Bender and Caldwell had reached out to both about financial pay-offs to direct players their way by those schools and were rebuffed.  When UCF suddenly had these big name kids go their way, after what these bigger schools knew Bender and Caldwell wanted, it was clear what UCF did/was doing.  And this is for football and basketball.  it was like MSU when they turned in Auburn for the Newton stuff...same stuff they're saying these runners were asking for money.

Lastly, if UCF fans would read a little, NCAA rules state that if a school commits violations while on NCAA probation for major violations (as UCF is on right now) then the NCAA will consider them tied together, even if different sports, and the additional punishment will tie all the offenses together and the school will be labeled a 2 time major offender.  TO put simply they'll throw the book at you if ANY of this is substantiated.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

UCF Fans:  "Pay no attention to the smoke here, there is no fire!"

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

"Why are they personally attacking me when this whole thing is about the big schools saying the smaller schools shouldn't be getting players," Caldwell asked. " There's no money involved. I challenge anyone to say if Ken Caldwell gave a player money or the university gave Caldwell money to give to a player. That doesn't exist."

tisk, tisk.  813 you need to do more research.  In fact the fact that Caldwell's son is attending UCF, reportedly, is MORE DAMNING for UCF and not less.  You ignorant fools are spinning this and not realizing your spins are only making matters worse.  Caldwell's son attending UCF officially makes him a booster of UCF, and thus ANY, emphasize ANY, contact with recruits to influence them to attend a school would be a MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR violation particularly since it is very clear that UCF was aware of it.  This is bad, real bad for UCF.  If Caldwell's son does go to UCF and he's running around using his street contacts, he's clearly not a person that UCF gives to the NCAA as approved recruiters, so if he's running around contacting UCF recruits-- big no-no my friend.  And it would be even worse if UCF in some way paid for the service.

Please go look up the NCAA rules...actually if Caldwell did not have a son a UCF it would be BETTER for you because he could simply pass things off as casual interactions and comments...now by NCAA rules he's construed as a booster and thus any intentional contact with potential recruits would be deemed by the NCAA as impermissible.

Furthermore there are rumors swirling that two schools may have blown the whistle on UCF, to include UL, because reportedly Bender and Caldwell had reached out to both about financial pay-offs to direct players their way by those schools and were rebuffed.  When UCF suddenly had these big name kids go their way, after what these bigger schools knew Bender and Caldwell wanted, it was clear what UCF did/was doing.  And this is for football and basketball.  it was like MSU when they turned in Auburn for the Newton stuff...same stuff they're saying these runners were asking for money.

Lastly, if UCF fans would read a little, NCAA rules state that if a school commits violations while on NCAA probation for major violations (as UCF is on right now) then the NCAA will consider them tied together, even if different sports, and the additional punishment will tie all the offenses together and the school will be labeled a 2 time major offender.  TO put simply they'll throw the book at you if ANY of this is substantiated.

Wow...you just pwned this entire thread, good sir!

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yup, all of this is very obvious but as usual our delusional friends are chugging down that Golden Koolaid and trying to rationalize and justify these actions any way possible.  I peaked over at their rivals board when this news broke and its amazing how fast they all cling to the same story about how this is all some sort of conspiracy to keep UCF down.  However i did see one or two posters who had some concerns but they were quickly shouted down by the koolaid chugging masses.  If the NCAA finds damning evidence the meltdown after the NCAA throws the book at them and makes an example of them will be of epic proportions.   

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Playing Devil's Advocate, here is the NCAA By-Laws:

13.02.14 R epresentative of Athletics Interests. A “representative of the institution’s athletics interestsâ€

is an individual, independent agency, corporate entity (e.g., apparel or equipment manufacturer) or other organization

who is known (or who should have been known) by a member of the institution’s executive or athletics

administration to: (Revised: 2/16/00)

(a) Have participated in or to be a member of an agency or organization promoting the institution’s intercollegiate

athletics program;

(B) Have made financial contributions to the athletics department or to an athletics booster organization of that

institution;

© Be assisting or to have been requested (by the athletics department staff) to assist in the recruitment of prospective

student-athletes;

(d) Be assisting or to have assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student-athletes or their families; or

(e) Have been involved otherwise in promoting the institution’s athletics program.

I can see where the son/student may be construed as a repesentative, depending on any organizations he belongs to, but I don't see where the father could be, unless he was also was card carrying member of one of UCF's booster organizatons ... Hopefully, I'm missing something ...  :D

Archived