• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF recruiting violations fallout

Guest AstroBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

also Caldwell's son attends UCF, that is the connection both didn't mention. And I'm almost certain Oleary does not deal w/ these guys, D. Smith now has an axe to grind with UCF for not releasing him, you wouldn't think him and his family would want to add dirt now that he wants a release? Oleary would have given him a release if he had something to hide. I know you all hate UCF and want the program to just go away but I would bet a large amount Oleary is clean on all this, Jones along w/ many college basketball coaches deal w/ runners so there could always be a chance there....but the claims on Oleary are not fair and not true.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

also Caldwell's son attends UCF, that is the connection both didn't mention. And I'm almost certain Oleary does not deal w/ these guys, D. Smith now has an axe to grind with UCF for not releasing him, you wouldn't think him and his family would want to add dirt now that he wants a release? Oleary would have given him a release if he had something to hide. I know you all hate UCF and want the program to just go away but I would bet a large amount Oleary is clean on all this, Jones along w/ many college basketball coaches deal w/ runners so there could always be a chance there....but the claims on Oleary are not fair and not true.

I don't have anything against UCF, I just think we need to wait for an investigation to take place before we start throwing out the word clean. If anything, this hurts UCF's chances of being a BE member this year. I doubt it happens now with these accusations.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

This definitely has the tinge of bitter Louisville/Pat Forde to it.

I feel like UCF may not actually have anything to do with this, but this is a prime example of how messed up college recruiting is these days, and this "outside" guy can influence recruits to funnel them somewhere, and possibly get a whole institution in trouble in the process.

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I feel like UCF may not actually have anything to do with this, but this is a prime example of how messed up college recruiting is these days, and this "outside" guy can influence recruits to funnel them somewhere, and possibly get a whole institution in trouble in the process.

Maybe so, but UCF administration should have been smart enough not to associate themselves with these known runners. From what I've read, everyone knows these 2 guys are trouble.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Wow, two NY Times articles on USF and UCF in the past week? We're in the big time now.  ::)

• Content Count:  1,741

Louisville has no bitterness about  D. Smith, he decommitted after Bridgewater committed.  Many of the fans were disapointed he didn't stay with the CARDS but he has to think about himself also.

• Content Count:  639

more on Forde:

Pat Forde -Prior to joining ESPN, Forde worked for 17 years as a journalist for The Louisville Courier-Journal.

Forde's op/ed writing for ESPN is sometimes perceived as controversial, particularly in the strong value judgments he casts on individuals and athletic programs. In a December 2007 column following the hiring of Bobby Petrino as the head football coach at the University of Arkansas, Forde called Petrino a "disingenuous drifter" and warned fans of the Razorbacks that any good will Petrino showed toward them would only be "the latest pack of lies in a career full of them.

Yet in 2008, Forde served as the co-author for the University of Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino's Rebound Rules: The Art of Success 2.0. He trashes an old UL coach personally but writes a very favorable book about the current UL head basketball coach who was guilty of N.C.A.A. sanctions while and assistant at Hawaii. Pitino was implicated in 8 of the 64 violations that led to the university being placed on two years' probation.

Sad that Forde left out the hiring of Shabaka Lands by Pitino. He wanted to trash UCF for using street agents but the very same person he wrote a biography about just a year and a half ago hired Shabaka Lands to be "special assistant to the coach." Oh Shabaka Lands also happens to be the former AAU assistant basketball coach of Marquis Teague, a five star recruit. Teague signs with UK and guess what, Shabaka Lands loses his job shortly after. Is it an NCAA violation no but it is dirty, is what UCF did an NCAA violation, not but it seems dirty. I must have missed that tidbit in Forde's writings.

Pat Forde is also the same guy that seems to have a never ending attack game against UK's coach John Calipari, going so far as to have Calipari ask him if it was personal for some reason. All the while, Forde has NEVER written anything about Pitino's extra marital affairs situation, not once.

I will end with this FACT. Pete Thamel and Pat Forde have done this before for UL. Those that say well the story is in the NY Times and ESPN so it must be true should remember the name Eric Bledsoe.

moral of the story, maybe UCF should walk away from any recruit we have to go head to head w/ Louisville. All this trouble is all coming from the same place

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Unless UCF can prove this is all some big UL lead conspiracy and they are 100% innocent their chances of getting into the BE just became zero.  Even as it stands right now having UCF being linked to these allegations is still very damaging.  Between this and GOL fabricating some future thanksgiving series with USF it's been a rough week over in mouse town. 

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

O' Leary is old school and runs a completely clean program.

Wasn't the football program at UCF hit with NCAA punishment within the last couple of years?

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

O' Leary is old school and runs a completely clean program.

Wasn't the football program at UCF hit with NCAA punishment within the last couple of years?

Yes, i believe they were popped for improper contact last year or the year before. 

Archived