• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Spring Game Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

My Spring Game perspective:

Offense - D

The good - The running game was fair at best. Floyd looked poised for a freshman. A couple of good catches in traffic.

The bad - Penalties, dropped passes, overall play at the QB position. No RB got free in the secondary. To much dancing at the point.

Defense - C

The good - Because the offense was so bad it was hard to get a good read. There were a few good plays, a few really good shots. Kept the ball in front of them for the most part.

The bad - There were an awfull lot of wide open recievers and dropped passes that in a real game would have this defense on it's heals.

Overall:

I'm really glad it's spring and not August.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  578
  • Days Won:  0

What was with the 'penalty box' a little pushing never hurt anyone, I'm glad they were playing with fire. If they are going to take them out and away from every one they should have either had to hug/hold hands the time they were away or do up/downs the whole time.

Yeah I thought that was pretty funny too. The only explanation I can think of is they are really stressing the severity of personal foul penalties.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Still very early, but still disappointed in BJ's play.  Kudos to the defense, but no one wanted to see him give up a pick. 

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I agre about the freshman mistakes from Floyd, but the problem is that our JUNIOR QB made just as many FRESHMAN mistakes. 

Wow, this use to be the same argument that I use to make about Grothe. Tradition.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

BJ may be back in the shape he was as a freshman, but his passing and decision making resembled the problems he had last year. He's back to throwing high and hard, too. Showed no touch at all. I'm normally an up beat guy, but I was truly disappointed with his performance.

The D look good. About what I expected. I'm no expert, but it looked just like last year's "Bend, but don't break." cover 2. Appears to be Snyder's style. I've decided to get used to it. I'm pretty sure that's what we're going to see next fall, too.

Scott looked great in the few carries he had. Aycock is a little bowling ball, but got stood up a lot. I though Demetrius Murray played as he always plays, as a good durable back.

For a guy who's been with the program such a short time, Floyd looked good. Surprisingly good. Showed touch and poise in the pocket. While I'm not advocating his advancement up the depth chart, I'm getting cautiously optimistic about depth at the QB position, especially after what happened to Eveld yesterday.

I'm just glad we got through this thing without losing somebody for the season, again.

Camp can't get here fast enough.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

At least the D is ahead of the O.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

At least the D is ahead of the O.

That has been the case in just about every spring game.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Hopefully the O improves next week for the Green & Gold Bowl...

• Content Count:  4,501

From reading all the posts I just can't get a handle on what really happened.  QBs not good ?  Or WRs just dropping passes ?  If the WRs had cought more balls would the offense have been good ? If QBs had been more accurate and the WRs caught the ball would the defense have gotten lite up for 50 ?  Was it the defense that caused the QBs to look bad with their pressure.  Was it a junk defense that really couldn't play straight up man to man defense ?

All and all it sounds like it was just uggg  leeeee

• Content Count:  2,558

Bad passes

Lots of drops

Lots of sailing balls

Plenty of pressure, but not every bad pass was due to pressure.

It did not look well for us in my opinion.

Archived