• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Villanova nearing deal to join Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

What will UCF tell all of these recruits they have been promising a step up to the Big East?

that it was only a possibility of a move and they never promised anything  >:D

Well I think it is a significant point. UCF has had significantly better recruiting classes the past 2 seasons and I can't dismiss the belief that joining a BCS conference didn't have anything to do with it. They do probably have some of the best facilities in CUSA so I think they will continue to recruit at a high level but I think they may see a dropoff if the BIG East says Nova ends their plans for expansion. 

I don't disagree, wasn't there someone who said that people in their ticket office were doing the same thing?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  138
  • Days Won:  0

I don't see why people think Nova is a done deal. I doubt they do it. Nothing said in the blog of heresay indicates it is possible to get that money.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

"Oh Mr. Recruit don't worry the SEC WILL come calling during your time here!!!"

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I don't see why people think Nova is a done deal. I doubt they do it. Nothing said in the blog of heresay indicates it is possible to get that money.

Probably because the people on the Nova Board have been saying it is a "done deal" for over a month now. It is easy to see how someone might get the idea that it is a "Done Deal" I will wait until the announcement on 4/12 but I am pretty sure Nova is going to move up based on what is out there.

http://villanova.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2751&tid=141792739&mid=141792739&sid=1000&style=2

Buckeye70

Posted on 1/28 6:01 PM

One of my best friends lives close to campus and The Subject came up

in our latest conversation. He said he talked with a professor who is

pretty much in the anti group, but the prof said from what he was

hearing inside, it's a "Done deal."

Apparently, Joe Santoloquito's story in the Bryn Mawr Patch has more

than a little truth to it re: an improving, conciliatory relationship

with Radnor.

If we connect the dots here, along with other little bits and pieces

many of us are getting, with less and less negativity, it looks nearly

certain we're going to make the move and pretty soon.

NovaNation11

Posted on 1/29 2:41 AM

i have heard similar information. will post more later but will agree that it is a done deal.

ALSO

http://villanova.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=562&tid=142653642&mid=142653642&sid=1000&style=2

UncleEd

Posted on 2/25 1:59 PM

Phil-My gut feeling is a yes vote. However so much crap is going on around this decision that I remain a little uncertain.

Those who favor the move to BE are much more passionate than those against. I mean much more. Pledges to back up their passion. Hopefully BOT will see this passion and do the right thing.

UncleEd

Posted on 2/26 8:15 AM

Sock, money is always in the conversation. However, those in favor are backing up their passion with pledges. The money question is being overcome. The faculty are against everything that doesn't benefit them. They're still out there. The cultural issue is still being kicked around, although it is such a joke. Andy Tally runs one of the cleanest programs in the country. People say we may not be so pure if we add 22 more football schollies. That's a load of crap. Tally will handle that situation, believe me. At the risk of being redundant, I need to say that there are plenty of positive vibes.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

To play Devil's advocate people "in the know" on the UCF board were saying it was a done deal for them as well........

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

To play Devil's advocate people "in the know" on the UCF board were saying it was a done deal for them as well........

But they've been saying it for years, and it hasn't been true any of the other times. The Big East has publicly invited Villanova to join, so the only decision to be made is on Villanova's part. UCF's decision has been made for years, but they're waiting for a league, any league, to actually decide they're worth inviting.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

can anyone tell me how this is even remotely positive news... nova is a joke.

come on people...

You've obviously not been following much if you have to ask that question.

How is 'Nova a joke?

Philly won't work for cfb. They get about the same amount of players at their football games as we get for baskeball games :P

I can't get pumped for a game at nova in an MLS stadium

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

can anyone tell me how this is even remotely positive news... nova is a joke.

come on people...

You've obviously not been following much if you have to ask that question.

How is 'Nova a joke?

Philly won't work for cfb. They get about the same amount of players at their football games as we get for baskeball games :P

I don't think the BE cares whether college football works in Philly or even really how you feel about it. This was all about adding inventory for the next BE TV contract and cutting out having to pay large pay games sums to MAC and Sunbelt teams.

TCU was about football. Team #10 just needed a pulse.

Nova is beneficial because that don't detract from basketball money. There is no readily available "Big Name" team available. ND, BC, Mizzou are all just talk and pipe dreams right now.

What little benefit that UCF, ECU or Houston will bring over Nova is largely lost when you take out their cut of the basketball money and then Syracuse gets to play UConn on TV one less time per season. Telling Fox or ESPN that you can give them the Rutgers v UCF football game instead of the Rutgers v Nova game.....isn't going to bring you that much more TV money, especially when you back out the fact that bringing in UCF just lost you 5 or 6 marquee basketball rematches per season.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

This is good news.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

You don't think their attendance will increase wil the likes of Rutgers, Pitt, WVU, UConn, Syracuse coming there?

While I understand you sentiment about playing in an MLS stadium it's not the end of world. It gives them time to raise fund to renovate their on campus stadium if they woudl like.

Archived