• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will we play more weeknight games this season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

And yet Nova has come out and stated publicly that if they build a stadium on campus, all home games will be Saturday night at 7PM to avoid traffic and other issues in the local township.

Something here doesn't pass the smell test. Either the Nova report is wrong, or gobulls83 is wrong.

NY Bull...the "Bender Report" that you speak of was not an official report done by the University.....Mr. Bender stated all games could be played on Saturday night at 7pm and that may be true the 1st two seasons as an independant but obviously we know that would not be true once they join the Big East.

Guest nybullsfan

And yet Nova has come out and stated publicly that if they build a stadium on campus, all home games will be Saturday night at 7PM to avoid traffic and other issues in the local township.

Something here doesn't pass the smell test. Either the Nova report is wrong, or gobulls83 is wrong.

NY Bull...the "Bender Report" that you speak of was not an official report done by the University.....Mr. Bender stated all games could be played on Saturday night at 7pm and that may be true the 1st two seasons as an independant but obviously we know that would not be true once they join the Big East.

Yes it was - he was the former A.D., and is representing the case FOR membership to the BOT. Someone else has the responsibility to represent the case AGAINST joining, then the BOT will choose between them. We just haven't seen the case against.

If a statement like that is in the report, it is what the BOT is being told will be the case as they move forward, and if the BOT says yes, then it becomes official Nova policy.

My point is, if any of the BE schools decided they did not want to participate in weeknight games, they could decline.

What I don't know - and I'm sure nobody else here does either - is what would the penalty be for doing so. In Nova's case, they seem to either not know there will be a penalty (in which case the report is wrong), or believe it is small enough to be manageable (in which case gobulls83 is wrong).

• Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

And if that is the case with Nova then they will play their Weeknight games on the road. That is the only thing I take from that statement. It may be an extenuating circumstance for them to play weeknights at home but on the road they have no choice per ESPNs contract with the B-EAST

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Yeah try saying no to the Big East TV contract...

The short answer is yes. The Big East will likely make up the Wednesday/Friday games.

Here is one to keep in your pocket too, there are rumors out there that ESPN is considering Sunday day games if the NFL lockout goes into September.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The short answer is yes. The Big East will likely make up the Wednesday/Friday games.

Here is one to keep in your pocket too, there are rumors out there that ESPN is considering Sunday day games if the NFL lockout goes into September.

Sunday games would be great.  One major problem I have with weeknight games is I can't tailgate.  Sunday would be a marvelous day for some games.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Sunday games would be great.  One major problem I have with weeknight games is I can't tailgate.  Sunday would be a marvelous day for some games.

Sunday day games should be awesome ... would still have the hungover student factor but would wipe out a lof the work/kid activity excuses.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  3

Semper Gumby, sports fans.

This should be the motto of anyone working with ESPN.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

weekday games are great for recruiting

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

weekday games are great for recruiting

It can be a drain on fans, but they are great for overall national presence.  The games are played prime time nation wide.  It's helping to curve the "who the hell is USF," stigma across the country.

And the added exposure is good for recruiting.

But missing out on tail gating and getting home past 2 am sucks for out of town fans.  I'm ok with weeknight games, but we don't need three in a season!  One or two would be fine, but that Wednesday home game was the worst game time ever.  Can we atleast stick to Thursday/Friday games.

And to address the people that think the schools can turn down the opportunity to play on other days that Saturday; Yes the schools can turn down the opportunity, but in reality we wouldn't ever turn it down.  The national TV revenue far surpasses playing a game on a Saturday on Bright House Sports Network.  So, we can say no, but we're not in a position to say no.  As a fan it sucks and I complain, but I get why we play them.  I just hope they're not too frequent.

Archived