• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Villanova Looks Like It May Be Big East Bound For Football

TyBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  471
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah dont see Nova coming anytime soon.  Maybe down the road but it would take them around 3 years to get up to par  to be a BCS football team in the mean time I think they will add either Houston, UCF or ECU before Summer.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

It seems like the "rumor of the day" lately is the Big East is waiting to see if there is any fallout from the Big 12 schools.

Assuming, the B12 does not fall apart. At some point prior to April, the Big East may invite UCF or Houston to start play in 2012.

Then in April, Nova will decide. Assuming they do agree to upgrade, then in 2014, the other school (UCF/UH) will begin play with Nova briinging us to 12 and possibly a championship game.

Or if Nova declines (which seems unlikely from all we have heard) the league would have to decide if they stay pat at 10 or go forward and invite 2 more schools......like Houston and some unknown team....maybe ECU.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

It seems like the "rumor of the day" lately is the Big East is waiting to see if there is any fallout from the Big 12 schools.

Assuming, the B12 does not fall apart. At some point prior to April, the Big East may invite UCF or Houston to start play in 2012.

Then in April, Nova will decide. Assuming they do agree to upgrade, then in 2014, the other school (UCF/UH) will begin play with Nova briinging us to 12 and possibly a championship game.

Or if Nova declines (which seems unlikely from all we have heard) the league would have to decide if they stay pat at 10 or go forward and invite 2 more schools......like Houston and some unknown team....maybe ECU.

I wouldn't be surprised to see if the league waits to see if there is any fallout from the Big 12, but if you think that is going to happen before April, then you can kiss the notion of getting a combination of KU/KSU/MIZZOU goodbye.

The league wants to go to 10 programs, so if UCF/Houston were added, then Villanova would be on the outside looking. Having them be the 11th member would be plain silly.

The best case scenario would have been to stop with the addition of TCU. Since adding this next program is about TV $$$$ and tv markets Villanova makes the most sense. If they say no, then wait to see if there is any fallout from the Big 12 in a year or 2.

• Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

Villanova is the only school that will be admitted into the B.E., if they decide to upgrade.  From all I have read the B.E. has no intentions of going to 12 teams in football.  The only way another team gets into the B.E. is, if Villanova does not upgrade and it will NOT be ECU.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If Nova says no why not CREATE the Big 12 fallout.

Make the Kansas schools an offer they can't refuse. Remember that ESPN deal is with TEXAS NOT the Big 12. I'm sure the conference gets a piece, but the lions share is staying with Longhorns.

• Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

If Nova says no why not CREATE the Big 12 fallout.

Make the Kansas schools an offer they can't refuse. Remember that ESPN deal is with TEXAS NOT the Big 12. I'm sure the conference gets a piece, but the lions share is staying with Longhorns.

I thought the deal was that texas stays if they get to keep their tv deal, plus their big 12 $?

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If so I am sure those other schools are steaming. Why be in a conference if not for profit sharing. Hopefully that deal is for non conference games then.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I wouldn't be surprised to see if the league waits to see if there is any fallout from the Big 12, but if you think that is going to happen before April, then you can kiss the notion of getting a combination of KU/KSU/MIZZOU goodbye.

The league wants to go to 10 programs, so if UCF/Houston were added, then Villanova would be on the outside looking. Having them be the 11th member would be plain silly.

The best case scenario would have been to stop with the addition of TCU. Since adding this next program is about TV $$$$ and tv markets Villanova makes the most sense. If they say no, then wait to see if there is any fallout from the Big 12 in a year or 2.

See there inlies the irony.....Nova can't be left out....their invitation is open ended. If at any point, Nova decides to come up.....the Big East has to facilitate it and the commishioner said they can give them their decision in April.

If you take comments by Marinnatto lately....it means either he is lying or sorta lying when he says they are not waiting for Villanova....or the BE is open to going to 11.....which we both agreees makes no sense....thus 12.

If the football schools want to go to 12.....it is not a bad strategy to get around the basketball schools. Tell the league you want to go to 10, to add Nova and TCU.TCU joins. Nova stalls, you go forward prior to April and add UH or UCF and then Nova turns around and accepts you are at 11 even though the basketball schools didn't agree to that.....it almost forces you to go to 12.

Now you have more than enough football inventory for BEN and ESPN weekend and weekday game. I have yet to see a study that says it pays for itself but that is what it sounds like.

I am not saying I am for this... but I think I see this unfolding.

Archived