• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reports swirling USF lobbying hard for Houston / against UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Wow.....the Orlando Sentinel has been sitting on this huge USF expose for 18 days now.

Hey this could be a weekly thing, huh, 2000bulll? Just remind Goldenbuc of his prediction.....every Friday.

"Last week's article is nothing compared to what'll be out this week."  

Sounds like something a little kid would say........"Oh yeah.....well wait till next week.....you'll see...then you'll be sorry"

I'm just waiting for that "Monday" announcement, whenever that may be.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Well it looks like the Orlando Sentinal was also wrong about their announcement back in January that UCF would know their BE fate by March 1st.

Here is a link to their beat writers' article trying to defend why she was wrong. Bascially, it sounds like people inside UCF really "misunderstood" the intent of the BE commish's comment that expansion was not based on what Villanova did. Again, I think it is obvious....that statement was just posturing, because unless ND, BC, Maryland, Kansas or Mizzou come calling.....the BE is waiting on Nova.

Sounds like McMurphy reporting. One person inside a program makes an assumption and you post it.

It would think these "sources" are the same people who started the USF is blocking UCF rumor. Still waiting on that article GoldenBuc......been about a month now......what are they waiting on?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_ucf/2011/03/ucf-continues-to-wait-for-potential-big-east-invitation.html#more-9837

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

We should give the Big East an ultimatum to join. Otherwise, we should go independent and start our on tv network or look towards the SEC or the ACC.

Reply Posted by: KnighTime | Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The fact that this poster is serious is absolutely hysterical.

Yes, UCF fans are delusional. I think what will really disappoint them.....is if they are not invited to the BE and then things do go well for them.....i.e. win the CUSA every year.....they are going to go nuts when they get the "Who have you beaten argument".....over and over.

Their schedule is booked through 2014 and their best opponents are:

2011- Boston College & BYU

2012- Pitt & Kansas State

2013- South Carolina

2014- UConn & BYU

And then if they go to the Liberty every year.....at best they face a 6-6 SEC team.

So even if they win all their games.....no one in the media is going to give them any respect.

Well it looks like the Orlando Sentinal was also wrong about their announcement back in January that UCF would know their BE fate by March 1st.

Here is a link to their beat writers' article trying to defend why she was wrong. Bascially, it sounds like people inside UCF really "misunderstood" the intent of the BE commish's comment that expansion was not based on what Villanova did. Again, I think it is obvious....that statement was just posturing, because unless ND, BC, Maryland, Kansas or Mizzou come calling.....the BE is waiting on Nova.

Sounds like McMurphy reporting. One person inside a program makes an assumption and you post it.

It would think these "sources" are the same people who started the USF is blocking UCF rumor. Still waiting on that article GoldenBuc......been about a month now......what are they waiting on?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_ucf/2011/03/ucf-continues-to-wait-for-potential-big-east-invitation.html#more-9837

they didn't say which march 1st  ;)

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Yes, UCF fans are delusional. I think what will really disappoint them.....is if they are not invited to the BE and then things do go well for them.....i.e. win the CUSA every year.....they are going to go nuts when they get the "Who have you beaten argument".....over and over.

Their schedule is booked through 2014 and their best opponents are:

2011- Boston College & BYU

2012- Pitt & Kansas State

2013- South Carolina

2014- UConn & BYU

And then if they go to the Liberty every year.....at best they face a 6-6 SEC team.

Good analysis.

So even if they win all their games.....no one in the media is going to give them any respect.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

We should give the Big East an ultimatum to join. Otherwise, we should go independent and start our on tv network or look towards the SEC or the ACC.

Reply Posted by: KnighTime | Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The fact that this poster is serious is absolutely hysterical.

Flip thanks for that laugh...wow.  It is funny thinking about that gu and knowing he's serious...seriously delusional. :ROFLMAO

Looks like some Knight fans are starting to realize the Sentinel is making them look like fools.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_ucf/2011/03/conference-expansion-answering-reader-questions-about-ucf.html#more-9924

"Knightro: It really is at the point where this has become a complete joke. We are making ourselves look so desparate it is pathetic. For the love of God, no more articles on this until there is real evidence an invite is coming. I am sick of reading about how we are “viewed favorably†by the BE. Until a name can be attached, it is not news and at best rumors stirred up by the Sentinel. Just like the whole USF “blocking us†BS. No proof to validate the claim."

Looks like some Knight fans are starting to realize the Sentinel is making them look like fools.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_ucf/2011/03/conference-expansion-answering-reader-questions-about-ucf.html#more-9924

"Knightro: It really is at the point where this has become a complete joke. We are making ourselves look so desparate it is pathetic. For the love of God, no more articles on this until there is real evidence an invite is coming. I am sick of reading about how we are “viewed favorably†by the BE. Until a name can be attached, it is not news and at best rumors stirred up by the Sentinel. Just like the whole USF “blocking us†BS. No proof to validate the claim."

so basically she hears something from a "source" (I'm guess the ucf rivals page), writes an "article" about it and collects a paycheck for it...sounds like a good gig for a while, until everybody realizes you're full of crap, which it sounds like her readers are finally figuring her out.

I'm thinking she'll be writing for a bleacher report type site soon

so basically she hears something from a "source" (I'm guess the ucf rivals page), writes an "article" about it and collects a paycheck for it...sounds like a good gig for a while, until everybody realizes you're full of crap, which it sounds like her readers are finally figuring her out.

I'm thinking she'll be writing for a bleacher report type site soon

Maybe she can follow McMurphy to AOL Fanhouse......oh wait....that doesn't exist anymore. I guess she can join him doing Freelance work.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/brett-mcmurphy/7/922/a2

Archived