• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jose Jose a UCF Knight again! Incredibull!!! :)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

Whoever hasn't flubbed on their resume is disingenuous.  Just my view.

I really like GOL, but his resume errors were a lot bigger than a flub, and he paid a big price for his written actions.

What exactly were his resume errors .... btw?

They were not errors.  they were lies.  GOL is our coach and I am glad he is but I won't paper over lying on a resume.  He said he lettered in fb and had a master's degree,  neither were true. 

Still think it was an incredibly stupid move on Notre Dame's part, after the fact, and can understand why they've sucked as long as they have with decisions like that ...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

I really like GOL, but his resume errors were a lot bigger than a flub, and he paid a big price for his written actions.

They were not errors.  they were lies.  GOL is our coach and I am glad he is but I won't paper over lying on a resume.  He said he lettered in fb and had a master's degree,  neither were true. 

Still think it was an incredibly stupid move on Notre Dame's part, after the fact, and can understand why they've sucked as long as they have with decisions like that ...

so you hire someone and find out they lied on their resume about something little and then find out they lied even more so, you wouldn't fire them?

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

so you hire someone and find out they lied on their resume about something little and then find out they lied even more so, you wouldn't fire them?

Keep in mind Triple he also told their AD that some of those fictious events were true in an interview.  I am surprised he even landed on his feet as well as he did with such an awful character mistake on his part.  Good hire, and good move by UCF...but do not ever paste over people willing to lie on their resume to gain advantages. 

As someone who played and lettered in HS football I find it blasphamy that a guy would say he did the same.  So do you think it's ok that people pretend to be military veterans and war vets?  Where do you think hypocracy should draw a line triple?  So saying you have a masters and lettered in football are not material for a FOOTBALL COACH, at an ACADEMIC INSTITUTION?

Other people go to great pains and worked very hard to achieve things like masters degrees, military service, and lettered in college football that to folks with those pieces find it disgraceful that someone would pretend to have achieved those...what if he got a job over someone else because he faked those qualification?  Would that not bother you either?

Keep in mind Triple he also told their AD that some of those fictious events were true in an interview.  I am surprised he even landed on his feet as well as he did with such an awful character mistake on his part.  Good hire, and good move by UCF...but do not ever paste over people willing to lie on their resume to gain advantages. 

As someone who played and lettered in HS football I find it blasphamy that a guy would say he did the same.  So do you think it's ok that people pretend to be military veterans and war vets?  Where do you think hypocracy should draw a line triple?  So saying you have a masters and lettered in football are not material for a FOOTBALL COACH, at an ACADEMIC INSTITUTION?

Other people go to great pains and worked very hard to achieve things like masters degrees, military service, and lettered in college football that to folks with those pieces find it disgraceful that someone would pretend to have achieved those...what if he got a job over someone else because he faked those qualification?  Would that not bother you either?

hey for under $175, you to can be a doctor  ;D

Fake-College-University-Diploma-S.jpg

and for an extra $50, you can get transcripts

http://www.realisticdiplomas.com/Fake-Phd-Doctorate-Diplomas-Fake-Phd-Doctorate-Degree-Diploma.aspx

now you're on your way to being a head football coach at UCF

hey for under $175, you to can be a doctor  ;D

Fake-College-University-Diploma-S.jpg

and for an extra $50, you can get transcripts

http://www.realisticdiplomas.com/Fake-Phd-Doctorate-Diplomas-Fake-Phd-Doctorate-Degree-Diploma.aspx

now you're on your way to being a head football coach at UCF

Triple probably runs the site...since it's no big deal and all.  In a period where unemployment is so high it should be criminal if people are stealing jobs by fabricating resumes.

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Kudos to goodknight for telling it like it is.  I have nothing against the guy--and I am one of the few(?) UCF supporters on this site--but in this particular case GOL was simply lying.  Calling it anything else isn't accurate.  Whatever deductions or insinuations one draws after that is up to the individual.  Personally, I agree with Trip that the guy can coach...so who cares what his resume says?

• Content Count:  4,642

two names, half the talent as described.  this kid won't make it past the first two years either by being taken out from off-the-field issues or flopping.

Kudos to goodknight for telling it like it is.  I have nothing against the guy--and I am one of the few(?) UCF supporters on this site--but in this particular case GOL was simply lying.  Calling it anything else isn't accurate.  Whatever deductions or insinuations one draws after that is up to the individual.  Personally, I agree with Trip that the guy can coach...so who cares what his resume says?

Agree he can coach, and agree with just about everything you say...but the real question is to whom should he coach?  Should he be allowed to coach college kids at the biggest University after they found out this situation?  Properly not the wisest idea.  Should ND overlook such an egregious mistakes and lies?  No, as the institution that just hired him they were obligated to release him.  However, after it was all public for 2 years and he had received significant public flogging, and done the public apologies...it was justified to rehire him.  But O'Liar got lucky that Orsini was at UCF, who he worked closely with at Gtech....he was fortunate for that because without such a break he would have never been rehired at the major college level.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

IMO, football coaching at that level is different than your everyday business world. You're hiring someone based on stuff that's pretty much out there for all to see ... why even bother with a resume? ..... and since when did the Catholics care that much about background checks, anyway?  ::)

IMO, football coaching at that level is different than your everyday business world. You're hiring someone based on stuff that's pretty much out there for all to see ... why even bother with a resume? ..... and since when did the Catholics care that much about background checks, anyway?  ::)

don't necessarily disagree with you, but if you lie about your resume (which isn't a big deal  ::)) who's to say he won't/didn't lie about something more serious

Archived