• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jose Jose a UCF Knight again! Incredibull!!! :)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

Invalid URL

Try it now ... Chad has issues.

And I'll believe it when I see it .... unless GOL is desparate for DL.

come on...it was only aggravated assault with a firearm and carrying a concealed weapon  ;D

I'd take him in a minute if he can ball .... but they've always had a holier than thou attitude over there when it came to character issues ... but maybe George thinks they're on the cusp of greatness and that's pretty hard to achieve without at least a hint of thuggery.  8-)

because lying on a resume isn't a character issue  ::)

To be perfectly honest, I think that was an honest mistake and ND, or any other university, was ridiculous for even checking something like that, at that level, and firing someone for it ... You are hiring a guy based on his body of work that you're already familiar with ... Run a criminal background check on him to make sure there are no skeletons in the closet if you like but crossed t's and dotted i's on a resume ... come on.

MAKING A MATERIAL MISREPRESENTATION ON ARESUME          IS GROUNDS FOR  IMMEDIATETERMINATION

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

Whoever hasn't flubbed on their resume is disingenuous.  Just my view.

• Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

speaks volumes

• Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I really like GOL, but his resume errors were a lot bigger than a flub, and he paid a big price for his written actions.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

Invalid URL

Try it now ... Chad has issues.

And I'll believe it when I see it .... unless GOL is desparate for DL.

come on...it was only aggravated assault with a firearm and carrying a concealed weapon  ;D

I'd take him in a minute if he can ball .... but they've always had a holier than thou attitude over there when it came to character issues ... but maybe George thinks they're on the cusp of greatness and that's pretty hard to achieve without at least a hint of thuggery.  8-)

because lying on a resume isn't a character issue  ::)

To be perfectly honest, I think that was an honest mistake and ND, or any other university, was ridiculous for even checking something like that, at that level, and firing someone for it ... You are hiring a guy based on his body of work that you're already familiar with ... Run a criminal background check on him to make sure there are no skeletons in the closet if you like but crossed t's and dotted i's on a resume ... come on.

MAKING A MATERIAL MISREPRESENTATION ON ARESUME          IS GROUNDS FOR  IMMEDIATETERMINATION

IN THE REAL WORLD MAYBE    ITS STUPID WITHIN THE HIRING PRACTISES IN THE SPORTS WORLD

AND IF ITS SO IMPORTANT      CHECK THEM BEFORE HIRING

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

I really like GOL, but his resume errors were a lot bigger than a flub, and he paid a big price for his written actions.

What exactly were his resume errors .... btw?

First off, checking these after an offer has been made is absolutely BUSH league. Not excusing him, my gosh, you do this checking pre offer....in every case...after all...this is ND! Per wikipedia..which is usually 75% correct:

In 2001, O'Leary left Georgia Tech to take over as the head coach for the University of Notre Dame. A few days after he was hired, inaccuracies were discovered on his resume. On the resume, O'Leary claimed that he had earned a master's degree from "NYU-Stony Brook University," a non-existent institution and actually two separate institutions over 50 miles apart.[8] In fact, he had taken only two courses at NYU, and never graduated.[9] He also claimed that he had earned three letters in football at the University of New Hampshire, when the school claimed he had not even played in one game.

Notre Dame initially supported O'Leary when the discrepancies concerning his athletic career at New Hampshire came to light, as O'Leary assured the school that there was nothing else they needed to know. When further background checks found that O'Leary had falsified his academic credentials as well, the school asked for his resignation on December 13, 2001.

• Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

First off, checking these after an offer has been made is absolutely BUSH league. Not excusing him, my gosh, you do this checking pre offer....in every case...after all...this is ND! Per wikipedia..which is usually 75% correct:

In 2001, O'Leary left Georgia Tech to take over as the head coach for the University of Notre Dame. A few days after he was hired, inaccuracies were discovered on his resume. On the resume, O'Leary claimed that he had earned a master's degree from "NYU-Stony Brook University," a non-existent institution and actually two separate institutions over 50 miles apart.[8] In fact, he had taken only two courses at NYU, and never graduated.[9] He also claimed that he had earned three letters in football at the University of New Hampshire, when the school claimed he had not even played in one game.

Notre Dame initially supported O'Leary when the discrepancies concerning his athletic career at New Hampshire came to light, as O'Leary assured the school that there was nothing else they needed to know. When further background checks found that O'Leary had falsified his academic credentials as well, the school asked for his resignation on December 13, 2001.

yeah, claiming you have a masters is just a little flub....did I say masters?!?... I meant GED...that's no big deal  ::)

yeah, claiming you have a masters is just a little flub....did I say masters?!?... I meant GED...that's no big deal  ::)

Exactly my point. He let it go on way too long. But, speaking to Triple B's  point, the man can coach and graduate student athletes.

• Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

They were not errors.  they were lies.  GOL is our coach and I am glad he is but I won't paper over lying on a resume.  He said he lettered in fb and had a master's degree,  neither were true. 

Archived