• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Villanova Academic board votes 29-0 against move to Big East

UsfGoose

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

This is going to look for UCF if there is strong resistance from their academic board.

http://www.thenovablog.com/2010/12/1/1848490/philadelphia-inquirer-villanova-football-upgrade-to-big-east-would-be

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Hmm ... just a suspicion, but I don't think that will be the final word from Villanova ... the politics side of it comes out now.  In the poll, there were 31 votes (one of them mine  ;D) and the yes votes have the lead by 3 right now. 

I love this line from the newspaper:

But I never want to hear another teacher at Villanova saying they are in it for their love of teaching young people.

>:D

• Content Count:  701

gotta pay to play

• Content Count:  1,027

Hmm ... just a suspicion, but I don't think that will be the final word from Villanova ... the politics side of it comes out now.  In the poll, there were 31 votes (one of them mine   ;D) and the yes votes have the lead by 3 right now. 

But I never want to hear another teacher at Villanova saying they are in it for their love of teaching young people.

To be fair, that quotation is from the blogger, not the newspaper.  Don't see how Nova moving up to 1A helps either them or the Big East, but if they think they can put together the funds and be competitive then best of luck to them.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

If Villanova says no to football, then the Big East can wait a bit before adding another program.

The league got the only program that can help better the football side of things with TCU.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

If Villanova says no to football, then the Big East can wait a bit before adding another program.

The league got the only program that can help better the football side of things with TCU.

I agree. What benefits do we have between 9 temas vs 10 teams? we dont get a conf champ game out of it. maybe scheduling would be a little easier with 10 but thats about it. Add quality not quantity.

• Content Count:  225

I agree. What benefits do we have between 9 temas vs 10 teams? we dont get a conf champ game out of it. maybe scheduling would be a little easier with 10 but thats about it. Add quality not quantity.

I think anyone that isn't from USF will pick UCF as that next team.  As much as I hate to admit it, they would beat us this year.  We have no talent on our offense.  They did something USF has never did (in CUSA or Big East) and that is win a conference title.  They are playing for another this year.  They are doing it with a coach that is not is good as ours.    I did see another thread on the board about someone asking about Boise St to the Big East.  That would be a awesome but I doubt it would happen since they already agreed to go to the Mountain West.  So don't be surprise if UCF get's the nod if Villanova declines.  They have the facilities, decent program, and the TV market. 

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

To be fair, that quotation is from the blogger, not the newspaper.  

You're right.  Good catch.  Still a funny line though.

What's the thinking behind another possible B10 raid?  Is it going to happen, or are they staying pat with just Nebraska for now?  Only reason I can think to add a 10th member soon would be if they are expecting another imminent raid. 

• Content Count:  4,642

agreed

1 - Don't use the "Add quality not quantity" line that kept USF out of C-USA for two years.

2 - But the biggest reason is with 10 teams you get more games to sell to ESPN.  Even if we only go to 8 conference games, that still means the opportunity for revenue for additional non-conference games.  And since t his is clearly all about the money, having more games to sell would be a good thing.

Archived