• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"The crowd was into it and it ... got to me"

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Marques Lewis (who hit the game winning FT):  

"I just knew I had to make the next one," said Lewis, who finished with five points in 21 minutes. "The crowd was into it and it kind of got to me on the first one, so I knew I had to make the second one."

logo.gif

Story link

Good job Bulls fans - we need more of you there.  Your efforts are not unnoticed on the court, in print and even on the radio.  We heard you at the Dome - making that place exciting again.  Help build the home court advantage and support this team.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

My voice is still not back to normal from yesterday...A lot of people noticed

Guest AstroBull

We will have a lot more people this year than last.  Hopefully they give the team a lot of press and tell them when the games are.  

Guest wildrover

My girlfriend and I have lots of fun at these games.  We started going last year and try to go to all that we can, yesterday was by far and away the best one we've been too.  the crowd was the best yet and my girlfriend who goes more just to go than because she's a basketball fan said she's really starting to like the game.   There were times during the final couple of minutes when one of teams would take a time out that I would sit down, but she didn't, thats progress.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

Which I could have made it.....  How much are tickets anyway?

BTW, if anyone wants a Gmail account, I have 2 invites left.  PM me if interested.  Gmail is the 1GB free email service from google.  

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,495
  • Days Won:  10

Price I paid was $16 for adult and $12 for under 16 (or 16 or user, I forget).  A VERY entertaining product for that price.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Price I paid was $16 for adult and $12 for under 16 (or 16 or user, I forget).  A VERY entertaining product for that price.

Isn't it cheaper if you are a member of the alumni association?

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

I don't really follow basketball much, but the game was on television so I watched it.  And it was a very good game, the bulls looked pretty good from what I understand was a very good UAB team.  What I don't understand is why after we took that time out with like 18 seconds left we inbound the ball and take a jump shot from the foul line almost immediately.  If we run the clock down to 5 seconds or so and take the shot, if we make it then they don't have any time left to score again to win the game.  Under normal circumstances I wouldnt think much of it, but we took a timeout as I mentioned which I would assume was to come up with a strategy.  And then they inbound the ball and immediately shoot it up, I don't understand it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,627
  • Days Won:  6

I don't really follow basketball much, but the game was on television so I watched it.  And it was a very good game, the bulls looked pretty good from what I understand was a very good UAB team.  What I don't understand is why after we took that time out with like 18 seconds left we inbound the ball and take a jump shot from the foul line almost immediately.  If we run the clock down to 5 seconds or so and take the shot, if we make it then they don't have any time left to score again to win the game.  Under normal circumstances I wouldnt think much of it, but we took a timeout as I mentioned which I would assume was to come up with a strategy.  And then they inbound the ball and immediately shoot it up, I don't understand it.

I think the shot clock was at 4 seconds when we called the time out.

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,495
  • Days Won:  10

Isn't it cheaper if you are a member of the alumni association?

No.  I asked.